Sorry Newt I tried

Orca

but after the pm that I got from a member of this forum today, which was without doubt a personalised attack

(and not a general slagging off one, which I have taken part in) this place aint worth it.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please forward it to me. If it is a serious nasty, the forum member will not be for more than a few seconds after I see the PM.

I'd appreciate seeing the PM regardless of if you decide to stay around or not.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

If any abuse of the facilities offered here has taken place, can you forward them to me by email, please? elton@anglersnet.co.uk

Alternatively, you can PM them to Newt if you prefer.

Nothing will ever get done if we don't know about these things.

All the best,

Elton

{Newt beat me to it}

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Got the PM Orca.

Sorted.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I think Orca is OK again. The problem person isn't with us any longer.

Guest Ferret1959
I think Orca is OK again. The problem person isn't with us any longer.

Name and shame the guilty one. ;)

it was chesters1 ..no thats me ...i'm still here? therefore its not.

whilst on the subject is there a way of saving your sent pm's rather than having to tick the box every time :(

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry to hear what happened Orca, hope you stick around.

Can someone please answer a question that's been puzzling me?

I've seen some members of AN post on other forums, and they seem polite, and able to take a jokey comment in response to a post. The same persons come on to AN, and seem to take offence at everything that's said.

Are there some long running feuds amongst members, or have they just taken a dislike to people they have probably never met?

I think this attitude puts some members off posting, in case they get their head bitten off for some stray comment.

I'm finding it hard to understand the 'venom' in some of the posts on here.

I had one threatening PM when I first started, but laughed it off as the actions of a nutter. I think I have got out of my pram once, with something Bob said, but I think we're both OK now, and have joke now and then.

So what's with the attitude of some people?

Can anyone tell me?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John