Sorry Newt I tried

Orca

whilst on the subject is there a way of saving your sent pm's rather than having to tick the box every time :(

At the far bottom of the forum is a drop down box with 3 options

IPB Default skin

Anglers

Anglers Net 2

Select the Anglers option and the page will refresh, nothing is different visually, but when you compose a new message the "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" checkbox will automatically be ticked therefore saving each sent message

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi you big black and white whale STAY.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Guest sandpipper
I think Orca is OK again. The problem person isn't with us any longer.

This is just a general "Question". Whats to stop the said person from comming back under a new name , Thanks. :o Tony

Hope you stay Orca.

Gozzer, very good point mate, I hope someone will be able to answer you.

Will the culprit be named & shamed??? Perhaps then it will put them off coming back under another alias :thumbs:

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

This is just a general "Question". Whats to stop the said person from comming back under a new name , Thanks. :o Tony

Nothing.

But this time, he will be joining (if he does) using a normal email account since the free ones aren't allowed any longer. He will be starting over at zero posts so no credibility unless he makes it clear who he posted as previously and in that case, poof ... gone again.

Nope - he will not be named.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

At the far bottom of the forum is a drop down box with 3 options

Select the Anglers option and the page will refresh, nothing is different visually, but when you compose a new message the "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" checkbox will automatically be ticked therefore saving each sent message

Thank you :)

i thought PM's were designed for abuse ,name calling and generall ranting rather than the forum <_<

other than virtual dating agency type stuff or chit chat it has no proper use :blink:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest tigger
Thank you :)

i thought PM's were designed for abuse ,name calling and generall ranting rather than the forum <_<

other than virtual dating agency type stuff or chit chat it has no proper use :blink:

Yeah so did I. Only trouble is you can't really tell someone what you think of them as they'll put it up on the board or tell the mods you've picked on them and sworn at them.

There are one or two people I would like to have PM'ed and told them what I think of them but stopped myself from doing so knowing full well that they would do this.

Obviously if someone is being constantly harassed by PM then something needs sorting.

Tigger.

Edited by tigger

Phil - certainly I slaughter chickens and toss the bones. How else could I read them and learn things that otherwise would remain unknown? I tried tea leaves but didn't find them very reliable - something to do with the lack of blood I think.

All - if you consider sending a PM but worry that it might be bad enough to get you banned, you probably should not send it until you've taken a day or so to think it over. If you still worry after 24 hours then you probably should not send it at all.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Wouldn't it be nice if everybody restricted themselves to saying in a post or PM only what they would say if they were face to face

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/