Peace Talks

Good point made by Seasider. Arguing never solves anything, arguing about what has gone and cannot be changed is worse still.

If the past is also present and maybe future then it is wrong to bury it though. To make things better for the future you should be aware of what it is you wish to change.

What are your views on changes required to improve the future for us all.

But its always been that way here...its a bit like going to a small community and not being accepted for the next 30 years...until you have 1000+ posts and agree with the elite ( you know who you are) you will be shot down and possibly ignored. I have never encountered such a clique on a forum before. I belong to a citroen enthusiasts forum and the contrast is immense. Helpful, understanding, even when you ask stupid questions. As to why it is like this I have no clue
I've only been on for a year, thousands of post, never thought I was in any sort of elite situation, still put forward prattish ideas but I have a thick skin and a tin helmet :D:D

I'd like to see this site move away from blinders, kill off all commercials, RSA only etc and recognise ALL sectors depend on the common resource of fish stocks and given the past plus global warming plus whatever else, creative not negative, thinking is required - this forum COULD be the catalyst for major change.

Some times very difficult to put issues behind us when over fishing quotas and the like are reported on a regular basis. As Sam said guys like Wurzle make a great contribution all round and it is a real shame there are so few commercials making good comments when someone highlights a problem.

The blinders issue did get out of hand and turned into a personal slagging match but that is not always the case.

Todays situation has happened over a great number of years for whatever reason and it is only by talking about past issues that the future can be decided.

I personally think it is a combination of reasons causing some fish stocks problems, but then being a bit of a silly billy I would :crazy::D

I think we all need to take two or three deep breaths before tapping the keyboards at times ;):D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Oi!! Who you calling a f***ing peace man?

This post has been edited by Steve Coppolo: Today, 09:19

Just my spelling although i felt like calling him something!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I have to say that I have never taken offense to anything anyone has said nor been frightened to voice an opinion. (ok I know thats given a challenge!) Being offended is a choice, you dont have to be offended! you can walk away or reply in polite terms explaining your position or agreeing to disagree. It takes 2 to argue!

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

An argument is just a collective of nouns and verbs put together to induce a oposite view point!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

An argument is just a collective of nouns and verbs put together to induce a oposite view point!

Who said you could forget the adjectives?!! anyway thats a contradiction, not an argument!

I'll get me coat!

Dan

Nothing wrong with a good well informed argument, conducted with respect.

It's silly childish squabbles in public that tend to be tedious.

er, just my opinion

landmark legal ruling ordering a woman to pay £10,000 in damages for defamatory comments posted on an internet chatroom site could trigger a rush of similar lawsuits, a leading libel lawyer warned today......

........Judge Alistair MacDuff said in the high court that Ms Williams was "particularly abusive" and "her statements demonstrated that ... she had no intention of stopping her libellous and defamatory behaviour".

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/news/stor...1737001,00.html

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Nothing wrong with a good well informed argument, conducted with respect.

It's silly childish squabbles in public that tend to be tedious.........

Judge Alistair MacDuff said in the high court that Ms Williams was "particularly abusive" and "her statements demonstrated that ... she had no intention of stopping her libellous and defamatory behaviour".

er, just my opinion

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/news/stor...1737001,00.html

Ahhh but to be libelous and defamatory it has to be untrue!!!

Dan

Edited by Dan