carp session

Phone

All,

Finally got in a 4 - 5 hr carp fishing session. The only reason I mention it is because it was a rousing success. Three lovely ladies (I presume) graced the bank at over 25 lbs with one in the low 30's. The 30 was a tough river fish as 46 inches.

I might add - in all the years of searching for the "perfect" bait all three fell to soft - dog training pellets on the hook. At 33% fishmeal protein they worked wonders. So much for the "inventor" in me. Unlike most dog foods they sink like a rock.

Was going back today but the river is up a couple feet after some pretty heavy rain up North.

Don't tell my wife. Went by myself but to a VERY safe and well populated swim.

Phone

Edit: pellets are flat discs smaller than a dime and 3/8th inch thick. First time - but until further notice I RECOMMEND them. They come in a zillion flavors by an equal number of manufacturers.

Edited by Phone
  • Like 1