Carp on the surface

rooney888

On my local pool surface fishing is banned. And in the summer months carp are regulary seen cruising along the surface in a corner of the lake taking bread of the top. Does anyone know any good methods of catching these carp or good baits to use(There are no banned baits you cant just surface fish). The area i fish is between 2 and 4 foot. Being as its shallow i was wandering if anyone had any good baits to use to get the carp feeding on the bottom.

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png

Go somewhere else! :P

What a shame, that's the stuff summer's made of. A couple of ideas have already been mentioned wihich would work, I would freeline a nice lump of bread so it sinks very slowly cast in the path of carp, and just watch the line for a take. This is often more effective than floater fishing anyway (but not as exciting).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

:)

HI ALL

THIS MAY HELP SOME OF YOU , GIVE IT A GO ANYWAY!!!!!!!

I FISH A VERY HARD WATER NEAR ME , THE FISH ARE SO FUSSY WITH ALL NATURAL CARP , YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHINK DIFFENT ALL THE TIME TO TRICK THEM.

IF THE LAKE YOU ARE FISHING HAVE LILLY PADS , GET YOURSELF SOME DOG BISCUITS AND DYE THEM BLACK , THE RESSON FOR THIS IS THAT THE CARP FEED ON LITTLE BLACK SNAILS WHICH FEED OF THE LILLY PADS.

CAST THE DOG BISCUITS ON TOP OF THE PADS , ONCE YOU SEE THE LILLY PADS MOVE SLOWLY KNOCK THE BAIT OF THE PADS.

9 OUT 10 TIMES WITHIN MINS THE CARP WOULD GO FOR YOU BAIT BECAUSE THEY THINK ITS A BLACK SNAIL DROPPING OF THE PADS.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING THIS METHOD ON MANY HARD FISHED WATERS AND BEEN GETING SOME GOOD RESULTS.

NOTE - THE DOG BISCUIT HAS TO BE BLACK FOR SOME RESSON.

Guest Josh Iddon
:offtopic::offtopic: But could you stop writing in capitals, it makes it harder to read. Good tip though! Josh :) Edited by Josh Iddon

Why not use air injected lobs?

Even if you reeled these in with a baliff present no-one would even think that you were fishing them on the surface. Alternatively fish one a few inches under a bubble float.

Ditto, or if there are pads, try flicking them onto the pads and tweking them so they fall off and sink very slowly...

Whatever floats your boat...

See how I float mine, here