SAVE OUR RAG AND LUG WORM

sam-cox

sorry sam, i shouldn't make light of such a serious thread, i just couldn't help it, it being friday night & the beer is open.

i'd usually go for farmed worm, even though i love digging my own bait, i do worry about the impact on such a fragile environment.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was avin a laugh, we all know pilchard oil is pants,,,lol

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest jay_con

ziggy searchfield:

quote:

should keep all left over rag worm, then dry them out in the hot summer sun. When you need them simly soak in pilchard oil the night before you plan on useing them.
i do that with leftover sandwiches for next weeks lunch, now theres a coincidence !
LOL. :D:D:D

Nice to see you back on form !

seriously, the word of concervation must be pressed home real firmly to all new comers to the sport.The big picture is verry frightening. The prospects of new species frequenting our shores due to global warming maybe very exciting, but its not how things should be. Nature is a finely balanced force and I feel we are tipping the balance.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Talking about farmed bait, has anyone had any experience with "farmed" peeler crab. I've heard of an outfit in the Swansea area called "Wheelers Peelers". I presume they catch hardbacks and control their peeling by temperature adjustment. I'm not sure if it's strictly conservation, but if the price is right, it's a lot more convenient than picking them yourself.

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

Guest jay_con

CAn you supply us with any more info jason? My opinion is you can not induce peeling based on heat alone. If you can keep crabs for long enough in a near native environment offering the right diet etc then they will peel pretty much like they do in the wild. I keep hoping someone will prove me wrong, and supply me with the info on how to get them to peel, but to date noone has.

by adjusting the light regime to imertate early summer.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.