SAVE OUR RAG AND LUG WORM

sam-cox

We get our rag worm from a substainable sourse, they have beenn dug there by a few diggers for years and the stocks only seem to increase or decresse acording to seasons. I would and have used farmed rag and if they were avalible in my area I would buy them.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point sam, but i find southend front like a battle feid , not been horrible but it is .as for the worms on southends beutifull beach i suppose there are enough worms breeding bellow the water margin to make up for the ones the diggers dig up.

Guest jay_con

What are peoples thoughts on lugworm? Are they able to sustain themselves. The couple of beeches I visit

seem to hold thier own despite being vivsited by thousands of diggers. The only time ive seen problems is when tide flows etc have been changed by the building of new sea walls etc.

[ 01. September 2005, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: @SUMMER@ ]

i have not tried rag where i fish know and i live too far from a decent beach to dig my own, just latly i have been buying my worms from the little fishing shop west street in erith, they are fresh and do last pretty well but i do find them a little soft on the hook, but still never blanked the last 4 times ive been so i suppose they do the trick.

Sam, Even up here in Jockland, :D we manage to get farmed rag from EVERY tackle shop around, not a problem at all....I would have thought that around your area it would be even easier .....

Found these on the web, might be of interest to you....

www.ukmarinesac.org.uk/activities/bait-collection/bc9_1.htm

I too did my bit for Worm conservation......I didnt tell Summer where to get White Rag..... :D:D Sorry Summer ....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Guest jay_con

Yep. I am amazed at how tight liped you guys have stayed. Not to worry now Norrie, I found my own supplies a little nearer to home. At least you didnt threaten to wreck me car .

Summer....You have a CAR !!!!!! Why didnt you say you can drive.... As for being tight lipped, Tight A***D mibbes, but not tight lipped mate.... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

God save us from them too scared to fish for big flatties!

If sea anglers are too sodding lazy to collect their own bait, then it`s OUR fault. Not the bait diggers.

Farmed worms can be delivered anywhere on the mainland of the UK!!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!