SAVE OUR RAG AND LUG WORM

sam-cox

most of the angler's up this way buy farmed rag as it's on the doorstep at Lynemouth.I don't think you can buy it any cheaper from the grower because of tackle shops complaining to the company that it was'nt worth selling it if they undercut then from the door! I'm far to stingy to buy worm and also enjoy the fact that I catch fish on rigs I've tyed ,bait I've collected etc...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I buy ragworm I take with me a tray, some grit sand and a little sea weed.

I think they are soft because they are kept in peat, in the above they scour themselves and the skins harden up.

Used to do the same years ago when we dug them and they keep well.

We also had a bait box on our mooring but worms kept there tended to be brittle and the tails would fall off when hooked and used straight from the box. If we could we would take the worms out the day before and use the method above, seemed to work very well.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Davy Holt:

well not with King rag anyway. I had one in the aquarium for nearly a year and a half before I released it.

Born free, as free as the wind blows

As free as the grass grows

Born free to follow your heart

Live free, and beauty surronds you

The world still astounds you

Each time you look at a star

Stay free, where no walls divide you

You're free as a roaring tide

So there's no need to hide

Born free, and life is worth living

But only worth living

Cause you're born free....sniff!.... :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Maybe we could follow Davy's lead.

Every time we buy a box of farmed ragworm, we should take one from the box and set it free.

Maybe one day, all the freed raggies will have little raggies and the little raggies will have their own little raggies and we can all live in a world where raggies have no fear of pitchforks... :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

should keep all left over rag worm, then dry them out in the hot summer sun. When you need them simly soak in pilchard oil the night before you plan on useing them.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

quote:

should keep all left over rag worm, then dry them out in the hot summer sun. When you need them simly soak in pilchard oil the night before you plan on useing them.
i do that with leftover sandwiches for next weeks lunch, now theres a coincidence !