Mullet Season 2006

Matt Baldwin

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well well Mr Boyd.

since i've been away it seems the medway mullet havecome out it numbers and of decent size too.

very upset now as this year it's your turn to beat my pb but congrats.

out in costa rica there were some very big marlin, sailfish being caught with some snook from the pacific beaches where we were staying.

hope to catch up soon so that ypou can tell me the tail of your 6lb'er

Matt

Hia's All

Sean

Photos for my 6lb 1oz ( the poor shot taken by timer) and my 4lb 11oz.

cimg0290ks2.th.jpg

T1_-1_1576505.JPG

Fishing on your own were you when you hooked that 6lber that must of been a bit hairy. Netting it etc.

Nice fish though good job!

I went out tonight 5.00pm too late! only saw one small mullet all night and was saved blanking by hooking the only bite of the night a Bass.

Day time seems to be the only way to go at the moment but the mullet do seem scarer I feel the end is near!

Certainly more mullet in the Medway than there were last year. Recently, Adam Lawrence and I had a good evening from the shore: I had two five-pluses and Adam had one. On previous trips Adam has had fish of 7-plus and 6-plus. The mullet now seem to have left that particular location and we've not yet found where they've relocated.

Yesterday ( Sunday ) Matt and I fished the rising tide on Sun Pier.

I managed two, the first 2lb 7oz and the second a PB of 6lb 7oz.

We had to pack up early due to my family commitments, but feel sure If more time had been avaliable we would have had a couple more.

On walking back to the car park ( behind Staples ) we observed a lot of Mullet in the small 'mud' creek that forms with the rising tide, in front of the metal ladder bolted into the sea wall. A lot of fish are also appearing by the pumping station . . methinks, must get a larger drop net.

Edited by Andrew Boyd

Andrew Boyd

Certainly more mullet in the Medway than there were last year. Recently, Adam Lawrence and I had a good evening from the shore: I had two five-pluses and Adam had one. On previous trips Adam has had fish of 7-plus and 6-plus. The mullet now seem to have left that particular location and we've not yet found where they've relocated.

I've seen mulet in the shallows at The Strand recently, and when I was spinning/wading the other evening amongst the sea-grass at Sharps Green salt-marsh, I was surrounded by the things!

Leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I have to confess that in July my number of blanks almost had me wondering if I should turn my back on Mullet this year. It had become silly, one fish in countless attempts. I had been spotting them in good numbers at Gillingham pier but nothing would induce them to take, upstream was not producing any bites, let alone fish landed although I was hearing of fish taken in the area.

Thankfully August turned things around and September looks set to remain excellent. I'm just hoping the autumn temps remain high like last year and we see an extended and rewarding season into the early winter.

Just checked after hoping my last fish beats Dave's great fish taken at the fish in a couple of years ago . . drat's . . it's the same weight. :( I'll just have to try harder.

Andrew Boyd

Andrew

Well done Matt told me all about it, nice to see someone get one over on the jammy one. will see you all on Thursday.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Leon

Thanks for your email re SCAN / NMC ( letter to B Bradshaw ). Enjoyed your forward, though it a bit odd it has a picture of a strange guy on the front :) Sent onwards to my MMG emailing list. Sat down last night and composed my own letter which was posted this morning.

Andrew Boyd