Mullet Season 2006

Matt Baldwin

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all,

yes yesterday was an amazing day.

had a 7lb 1oz mullet from near sun pier and landed another mullet of 5lb 4oz from the Civic centre. also hooked a real head shaker of a mullet at the civic estimated at around the 6 n half lb mark. the hook pulled due to the fish going mental with bviolent head shaking.

shall post the pics if can work out how to do it.

matt

Hia's All

hi all,

yes yesterday was an amazing day.

had a 7lb 1oz mullet from near sun pier and landed another mullet of 5lb 4oz from the Civic centre. also hooked a real head shaker of a mullet at the civic estimated at around the 6 n half lb mark. the hook pulled due to the fish going mental with bviolent head shaking.

shall post the pics if can work out how to do it.

matt

Good effort Matt,

Lets have a look at the lunker :thumbs:

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Well done Matt

I have seen the picture of the 7lb 1oz which does not do it justice, shame. The 5lb 4oz went well, making full use of the outgoing tide. The headshaker was also a decent fish but was only on for a few sec's before the hook came flying back :( . A mate Luke had one of 3 - 3 1/2lbs :) and I blanked :(

There's always next time.

Andrew Boyd

• 2 weeks later...

STILL A FEW BIG FISH HANGING AROUND DOWN YEAR! HAD TWO BIG FISH SNAP ME UP.JUST NOT SURE IF THEY WERE DEFINATELY MULLET OR BIGGER BASS? SOMETIMES THE FISH IS ON FOR ABOUT 5 MINS THERE IS A HEAD SHAKE AND THE LINE SNAPS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HOOKLINK. I RECKON SOME OF THEM ARE BIGGER BASS AND ARE CATCHING THERE GILL COVERS ON THE LINE? CAUGHT MY LAST FEW MULLET ON MAGGOTS AS TEMP DROPS THEY DO TEND TO FEED MORE EASILY ON MAGGOTS THEN THEY DO ON BREAD. DEFINATELY WORTH A TRY ANDY B IN YOUR AREA. EVEN THOUGH YOU USE A SIZE 16 & 14 THE HOOKHOLDS SEEM JUST AS GOOD AND YOU CAN FISH MUCH MORE DELICATELY WITH THE MAGGOT PRESENTATION. HOOKUPS ARE ALSO MUCH MUCH EASIER ON MAGGOTS THAN ON BREAD!

(SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK MY BUTTON IS STUCK!)

OFF TO SPAIN IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS TO FISH FOR THOSE GREY GHOSTS! I HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU DON'T NEED A FISHING LICENSE IN THE WINTER ONLY IN THE SUMMER? BUT ALSO IF YOU DO PURCHASE A LICENSE YOU ARE COVERED FROM THE TIME YOU HAVE PURCHASED IT, EVEN IF YOU MAY NOT ACTUALLY HAVE IT UNTIL THE END OF THE HOLIDAY.

sean, could you organise a weekend mulleting next year around august/spetember as i'll be driving by then and fancy a trip down and have a go at these monsters.

Yeah! In his pimped up Bling Bling mobile :lol::lol::lol:

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.