Mullet Season 2006

Matt Baldwin

Hmm Thats a shame Leon I thought the mullet club might have some keen members keen to catch mullet? I was going to get a membership for Christmas this year but doesn't seem a lot of point then? Hmm probably won't bother then.

Hi Sean,

I didn't say that there weren't any, it's just that I personally don't know any that do, though catching mullet abroad has been the feature of past articles in Grey Ghost, the club magazine.

If you join, you get a contact list of members who are prepared to share their details, which I found really useful for getting in contact with members local to me when I first joined, and picked up a lot of information from them.

They also have their own members forum.

Their website is http://www.thenationalmulletclub.org

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sean,

I didn't say that there weren't any, it's just that I personally don't know any that do, though catching mullet abroad has been the feature of past articles in Grey Ghost, the club magazine.

If you join, you get a contact list of members who are prepared to share their details, which I found really useful for getting in contact with members local to me when I first joined, and picked up a lot of information from them.

They also have their own members forum.

Their website is http://www.thenationalmulletclub.org

OK Leon i'll put that form in then! Thanks for that! There must be some places they go then if they have written articles on it. Any idea where they went?

Sean

Due to your Mullet passion, it will be worth you joining the National Mullet Club, it's £17.00 per year and well worth it. Each year they have an AGM ( in Portsmouth sometime in Feb ) which is well worth a visit. Everyone who attends is a Mullet fanatic which allows you to network with others in your area. I have made many friends and know I have the oppotunity to fish with like minded anglers countrywide.

NMC members, like yourself, practice catch and release.

As we both know Mullet fishing is a huge challenge, the rewards are fantastic when it all comes good, but it has to be said that you won't go out and catch many, if any, per trip. I had a new'be attend the Medway Mullet group a couple of months back. He was very intrested and we discussed all the requirements to catch this new, to him, Medway species. Unitl .. he asked that fatefull question "How many do you get each trip", to which I replyed " If your lucky one, the most I've had is two" . . at which he got up, put on his coat and walked out never to be seen again!

So Mullet fishing is a passion, it gets into your blood, the ultimate challenge of first hooking your fish with the second, landing it. That screeeeeeeeeeeeeeem of your clutch that sets your heart racing, testing your tackle plus angling skills to the maximum - - - - - - - Roll on spring. Oh and next year's Weymouth "fish-in".

Andrew Boyd

andrew sorry for not bein at the meeting last night, finally got a job in burton menswear a Hempstead Valley.

also when is the weymouth fish-in and if possible can i tag along if i have my car/driving etc by then.

matt

Hia's All

Thanks for the replies! Andy the mullet club form has gone! Also read the report on fishing in Lanzorate and it does seem there is some good sport to be had! Unfortuately looks like the same situation there as it is in Spain 300 euros fine for fishing the marinas for the really prized sized mullet which was very disappointing :(

While I was looking on some over sites for information I found myself on one of them? Check this out its me displayed as Tom From Yeovil? with a mullet I caught in 2002 in Fueoguelia Spain! The picture was stolen from a Jersey mullet site run by a guy called Dave( chippy) who used to be on this forum quite alot! Surely there must be some descent mullet in Lanzorate that people have caught and maybe used instead of mine?

Here is the link>http://www.coe-clan.demon.co.uk/pfl2.htm

the mullet club form has gone!

Once you are a member, you will have a link to past Grey Ghost articles on fishing abroad, available to members on the website, and will be able to order scans of the previous articles on fishing abroad that you are interested in.

(Or so I'm told)

:)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Once you are a member, you will have a link to past Grey Ghost articles on fishing abroad, available to members on the website, and will be able to order scans of the previous articles on fishing abroad that you are interested in.

(Or so I'm told)

:)

Sounds great Leon! Look forward to my membership card and web-site info then!

I'm pretty disgusted by the posts on here from folks who think it is OK to go off and fish in Spain (or any where else) and pay no regard to local angling legislation.

It is a real shame the Guardia Nationale didn't catch you, fine you your 300 euros, confiscate all your gear and bang you up for a night.

Dont try it in France chaps. If the Gendarmarie Maritime, the Police de la pêche or the Police de la pêche maritime catch you, youy will get a french lesson you will not forget in a hurry. You could easily end up in a French prison for a couple of weeks, and you would probably emerge with a size 11 @sshole.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm pretty disgusted by the posts on here from folks who think it is OK to go off and fish in Spain (or any where else) and pay no regard to local angling legislation.

It is a real shame the Guardia Nationale didn't catch you, fine you your 300 euros, confiscate all your gear and bang you up for a night.

Dont try it in France chaps. If the Gendarmarie Maritime, the Police de la pêche or the Police de la pêche maritime catch you, youy will get a french lesson you will not forget in a hurry. You could easily end up in a French prison for a couple of weeks, and you would probably emerge with a size 11 @sshole.

Yes thanks for that still looking for somewhere legal for my next trip!!