Mullet Season 2006

Matt Baldwin

apart from sustaining small tears in the muscle, cracking the wrist/hand joint and with the bones in the joint bending the wrong way im fine thanks Dave.

O well, just 1 of those things.

Dont worry Andrew, your new pb and target will be safely in the net on saturday (hopefully).

Matt

Hia's All

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you fishing?

I am with the Morris on Saturday at Rochester High Street, but i will not be dancing.

If you are around the Medway I might pop down to see you, in kit of course.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Hmmmm!

Sorted and cleaned all my mullet gear yesterday, oiled the centrepins, inflated the tyres on my bicycle trailer, bought some cheap Tesco loaves and put them in the freezer.

I'm ready!

Hmmmm!

Sorted and cleaned all my mullet gear yesterday, oiled the centrepins, inflated the tyres on my bicycle trailer, bought some cheap Tesco loaves and put them in the freezer.

I'm ready!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

bought some cheap Tesco loaves and put them in the freezer.

They will stay frozen if you dunk them in the Medway. I am sure I saw the feint outline of an iceberg through the thick fog last week.

Called by Sun Pier as the tide was rising.

There were possible old lip marks on the algae covered mud.

Josh had seen a fish.

Andrew had had a knock on one rod.

Water temp was just on 10C

Matt was shivering in the cutting easterly wind (coming off Stoaty's Iceberg probably - I felt sorry for young Matt and left him with my jacket)

Maybe!

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Well I am out tomorrow hoping to go try for a roker again. This time we have remembered to put the binoculars on the boat so we can go penguin spotting if the fishings slow and the fog has lifted.

Water temp was just on 10C

I think you missed the '-' out

Edited by Stoaty

Still too cold for me, when I get back from Cuba perhaps I will take little trip down to Sun Pier.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I went to check on them again later.

Both Matt and Andrew looked cold (brrrr!)

It was quite warm inland, out of the wind and in the sun, but there was a cutting breeze down the Medway.

No action at all since my earlier visit.

There was a black swan in Rats Bay that they had been feeding.

I've not seen a black swan down their the past couple of years, but when I worked in Chatham there was one that visited in the winter.

I wonder if it was the same one?

RNLI Shoreline Member

I can understand why people are impatient to start mullet fishing, but as I said earlier I reckon mid-May is soon enough for thicklips in the Medway. Might be worth a try for thinlips, though, as they pass through on their way upriver.

Last weekend I had a look for lipmarks: saw just one, plus two or three anal-fin line-in-the-mud scrape-marks.

Lots of algae on the mud, so there is plenty of food to keep them interested when they do arrive.

Daytime temperatures up to 18C forecast for this forthcoming week, evidently - if so, hopefully it will mitigate the very cold temperatures we've had hitherto this spring.