Whats the strangeist thing you have ever seen at fishing?

Jamie Beard

I was fishing at the Relief Channel in Norfolk one evening when I was younger, about 100 yards from a road bridge. A little battered car screeched to a halt halfway across the bridge and a couple could be heard having a real screaming row; about 5 minutes later a well built bloke with long hair stormed out of the car, shouting and screaming at the woman inside, grabbed a heavy-looking suitcase from the back seat and slammed the doors. He then swung it into the river where it landed with a massive splash and sunk.

There was a slight pause, and then he shouted at the top of his voice 'OH F**K, THAT WAS MINE!' at which point the woman drove off and left him there :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1 on my local carp puddle about 4-5.00 am sun coming up.

Nondescript bivvy.

Sudden signs of waking, youth comes out and straight into the drink. His mates **** themselves and we all snigger.

Voice from down the bank. Are you alright Steve.

Day 2 on my local carp puddle about 4-5.00 am sun coming up.

Nondescript bivvy still there.

Voice from down the bank.

About time for Steve to have his morning dip innit?

"Muddlin' along"

I went down to my local canal one evening, just for a look, not fishing. I saw a 'rise' and moved closer to investigate. I saw something light coloured just under the surface, the water was cloudy due to heavy rain.

The object came back to the surface, and I saw it was a fish, looked chub shaped, about 1 1/2 to 2 lb. It was vertical in the water then, it sank backwards under again. I watched for it to appear again, when it did it was abot 3yds away, this time I saw a swirl about a yard away from the 'chub'. As it came closer to my bank I saw it was a large tail fin, a pike, upper teens maybe twenty, had the 'chub' by the wrist of the tail,and kept pulling it under, the 'chub' would work its way to the surface, only to be dragged down again. I don't know how long this had gone on for, but I watched for 15 to 20 mins, until they moved to the far bank, and it started to get too dark to see. I wondered how long the battle lasted, but I think there could have only been one winner. In all my years on the bank I have never seen this before, maybe it just mis-timed its strike, but the pike wasn't letting go.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Well my 2 cents worth goes like this:

1. a few(8) years ago i went fishing to my fav swim, brought my dog for company. a rescue dog i had for about 2 years, no history in background. anyhow back to story: bagging well when i hooked a skimmer, about 5 feet from the bank WHACK a pike nabs my skimmer and wasnt lettin go for love or money. and to top it off i had forgot my landing net (was landing fish on the sloping bank). well with-out any instruction or teaching on my half my dog jumped straight in grabed the pike and brought it to me unmarked. i stood there dumbfounded! ( a true story for non belivers)

2. TODAY: a bad days piking, motor dies on boat so had to row back UP stream in winter/spring flood currents,(boy was i knackered) drivin back home i noticed my fishin buddy startin to doze, the following i had seen on a web video:

at the right moment (after checkin rear view mirror) i slammed breaks and screamed, my buddy jumped so quick the seatbelt clutch kicked slapping him bak in the seat, he looked petrafied! ( this didnt happen in web video:) i started to laugh so hard at his expression I STARTED to black out!

what goes around comes around!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I must have been mad; it was minus 5 deg C and here I am down on the local river trying for a perch when down the stream came an eel writhing on the surface. There was a small splash and what I thought was a rat chugged across, grabbed the eel in passing and continued to the far bank. On land the stoat as that is what it turned out to be paused and gave me a look that said,

"There, that's how its done mate"

It then dissapeared amongst the tussocks and willows.

a cow falling in from the opposite bank. Both when fishing the River Frome,Somerset.

I reckon those Somerset cows must have access to the scrumpy - I saw one fall in the West Sedgemoor Drain once...

Im sorry Sam! No offence was meant I was just making a cheap joke at your expense.Hope Gary's got a better sense of humour!er otherwise Im well in the sh1t :)

It was just that your post about the girls having a wee reminded me of the strangest experience Ive ever had whilst fishing.....

I had took a girlfriend with me to one of my favourite sections of cannal.Whilst there she asked me what you did if you wanted to go to the toilet.I said just go behind a bush and squat love.She wasnt to keen on this as we had only been going out for a short while and she was a bit embarrased,as the day wore on she became more desperate.Just as it was getting dark she told me she couldnt hang on any longer and went behind the nearest bush.

I couldnt help it the thought of her with her knickers off just a few yards away was to much for me! I silently crept up behind her and sliped my hand between her legs....she was a bit startled but not no where near as startled as I was when I felt some thing long and hard!

"Oh my God" I cried "youve changed your sex!"

" er NO" she said "just my mind Im having a sh!t!"

Budgie,

I thought your starngets thing would be wearing a skirt and not wearing any knickers

:sun:

Dear All,

A few years ago now I was fishing a very flooded river Trent in the type of flood where the river had burst it’s banks in places and was flowing out into the fields. Sat there whilst watching the tips of my rods, I began to hear the bellowing of a cow that appeared to be getting louder and louder when suddenly the cow, a fully grown Friesian came floating past in mid river twirling round and round in the current. Poor thing must have fell into the river somewhere up stream. Then not five minutes later, a whole garden shed, still on its wooden base came floating past complete with bright red curtains in the shed window!

But the funniest thing I ever heard came about after a fishing trip when my brother and me, along with a few mates, decided to go for a pint when we got back home. In the pub bar stood a pool table so my brother and a mate decided to have a game. Apart from ourselves the bar was empty but for a couple sat near the pool table. A man and his wife of well healed appearance sat with a glass of wine each, the chap reading a newspaper with his wife reading a book. My brother bent over the table to take his shot and in this bent over posture broke wind very loudly. The chap seated with his wife dropped his newspaper down from his face and exclaimed rather abruptly, “How dare you pass wind in front of my wife!!”

My brother, still bent over the pool table without a single blush on his face instantly replied, “Sorry mate, I didn’t know it was her turn”.

Regards,

Lee.