Annual skate trip

Ian Burrett

Had our first days fishing yesterday on our 11th annual Skate trip. I am up here in Oban for 5 weeks with two out of the three boats.

I had a great start yesterday with three males all over the ton with the best of 123 pounds and a small female that also weighed 123 pounds. Two of the four were tagged.

Today we had bloody cold Easterlie 6 and 7's and managed just 3 hours fishing wind with tide but had to run for home once the ebb kicked in. Ended up the day with a big zero but tomorrow the winds are dropping to 4and 5's so things should improve.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Davy

Yes please

It was a good day yesterday for Guy and his three mates. The only virgin popped his cherry after about an hour into his first ever trip and they all ended up with sharing the rods and having a fish apiece.

I was glad of the old thermals today, the whole place is looking supurb with snow on all the hills. No sign of the eagles yet.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Nice to hear of some fish being caught right now.

Just had a look at your site, Ian. You seem to have far too many boats - would you miss one? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I had a great start yesterday with three males all over the ton with the best of 123 pounds and a small female that also weighed 123 pounds. Two of the four were tagged.

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but when you say two were tagged, do you mean they were already tagged, or you tagged them?

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but when you say two were tagged, do you mean they were already tagged, or you tagged them?

Hiya Double,

He means that 2 of them have been caught and released prior to them being caught on Ian's boat. If he is fishing where I think he is fishing, roughly 33% of the fish he catches will have already been tagged, so over the space of his 5 week trip, he is going to supply a lot of very valuable information to the Tagging programme.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"