Annual skate trip

Ian Burrett

Nice report Ian,pleased you are getting amongst the fish. Hope your weather improves :) A quick up date on the Mull for you. Went over to Crammag Head with tack4 and little tack4 yersterday morning. Its the first time I have fished that mark and I am sure it will fish well for pollack in the summer. It was fairly unpleasant cos it was blowing a hooley straight into your face. We all blanked but it was nice to wet a line again :) Managed to see a deer by the lighthouse though!

What a difference a day makes,woke up this morning to blue skies and Luce Bay was like a mirror. Visability was excellent.With the naked eye could pick out 9/10 snow covered peaks in the Lake District 70+ miles away . Had a bit spin between the caravan park and the goatfield but its a wee bit early for the bass yet :(

Sandras 30th birthday bash at the Clash was mint and Martin shut the bar at daftoclock!! Back over a week on Friday. May see you then if you are back

Sorry about hijacking the "skate thread" team :headhurt:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norrie,

I had no intention of being condesending, my point was refering more to the aparent apathy of the politicians in doing anything to protect the fishing in what is a very localised and fragile ecosystem.

The effects of one person spending a few quid are minimal, but when multiplied by the thousands of anglers who visit the area every year it must be a reasonable contribution to the local economy. If the fishing was ruined it would undoubtably have an effect on the overall number of visitors to the area with a subsequent effect on the local economy. I too have always found the locals very friendly, which is more than you can say for some other areas I have visited over the years and that is all part of the enjoyment of fishing in that area.

Loch Aline only seems like its the other side of the world when you are trying to drive there on a bank holiday weekend :lol:

See you at Easter regarding the pint :thumbs:

Dave

Dave, have a look at

www.visitscotland.com

.....and when you do, request your free Fishing in Scotland 2006 book.....they call it a brochure, but its really a paperback book.....oh aye, and

www.fishsea.co.uk

an other offshoot of visit scotland...

Very good ,and,informative.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Lets hope theres lots more to come on Tues when everyone gets home :sun:

Tight lines mate. Have you taken one of your boat plugs with you this time :blink: Mind you that 6oz weight wedged into the hole did save our lives :P:P:P

Go for it mate :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

I have only managed to fish about 6 hours in the last three days with today being a total no no

I got to the mark today I could have got the pick down but the lads would never have been able to stand up to play a fish, so we headed straight back in.

Yesterday and the day before were those typical Scottish days when the horizontal rain just continue for hours we managed just three hours each dayi n force 5-6's squalling to 7's and had three hours on the ebb in the mornings but we missed the best of the fishing by having to run for cover before the flood kicked in. Spike did well to pick up a 162 female in this short time.

I have got another 7 charters to go and it looks like the weather is finally improving with light winds for the Saturday at least. We could do with a lift because it's not easy when your struggling to find fish because we can't go anywhere and our old faithful bad weather mark just isn't producing like it has the last few years

I am looking forward to the weekend there's a few lads coming up from AN, Davy and Orca,Phil Williams from the Boat fishing monthly and we have got a group of eight jordey's that like a pint or three and a couple of mates are bringing their own boat Sunday. so it looks like a couple of good nights are in store

Fishing good or bad; we will have some good laughts.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

I have only managed to fish about 6 hours in the last three days with today being a total no no

I got to the mark today I could have got the pick down but the lads would never have been able to stand up to play a fish, so we headed straight back in.

Yesterday and the day before were those typical Scottish days when the horizontal rain just continue for hours we managed just three hours each dayi n force 5-6's squalling to 7's and had three hours on the ebb in the mornings but we missed the best of the fishing by having to run for cover before the flood kicked in. Spike did well to pick up a 162 female in this short time.

I have got another 7 charters to go and it looks like the weather is finally improving with light winds for the Saturday at least. We could do with a lift because it's not easy when your struggling to find fish because we can't go anywhere and our old faithful bad weather mark just isn't producing like it has the last few years

I am looking forward to the weekend there's a few lads coming up from AN, Davy and Orca,Phil Williams from the Boat fishing monthly and we have got a group of eight jordey's that like a pint or three and a couple of mates are bringing their own boat Sunday. so it looks like a couple of good nights are in store

Fishing good or bad; we will have some good laughts.

Hope you get decent weather for the rest of your stint Ian. Can you remind FastD to insert the boat plug before launching :headhurt:

Looking forward to your next report mate.By the way drinking with Geordies may not be a good idea :drunk::drunk::drunk:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Just a quick final update,

Easter was mainly marred by the strong winds again but we managed the odd fish most days. It was great to meet some faces from AN fishing with Davy and also good to renew acquaintenances with Norrie and Peterthefisherman and happy dude and fastd who had brought their own boats up.

The latter two kept me up against my will till 4.30 on Friday night and 3.15 on Saturday.

The weather settled on Today and we were able to travel further a field. I had angling jounalist Phil Williams from Boat fishing monthly on board and was getting more amd more worried as Spike on Go West and a mates Malcolm and Kevin on their own boat kept coming on the radio, "Just had another one"

They both had had four a piece and I hadn;t even had a bite. The anglers were getting restless and muttering about moving but i felt we had a good chance at the next slack so decided to stick it out. The tide turned and we still hadn't had a touch and I had resignrd myself to blanking when we had a double hook up with fish off 202 and a 184. I have never been so relieved to see fish come aboard.

I have just one more charter to go and am looking forward to getting home for a few days rest. The constant high winds has left both Spike and I very tired

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk