GOOD ANGLING

sam-cox

I know little of fresh water fishing and how it is organised, or who organises it. However, from what I have heard, it is organised well.

I feel sure that if enough people push for, or even just talk about a sea fishing licence, our government will take advantage of this and create such a licence. But all that would come from your licence fees is more “jobs for the boys”, who would then create endless administration, paperwork and pension schemes, but no practical solutions.

So, just as a suggestion, why not create a fund in the form of a voluntary licence fee, to be paid to RSA’s representative bodies? I am sure they could put the money to good use, looking into specific problems to see what feasibly can be done about them. That way, at least the money would be managed by someone who had RSA at heart.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muttley
What do you concider good angling? I was discusing this with angling pals the other day. My perspective is that in order to have the quality of fishing to justlfy a sea angling lisence I would like to catch a fish of 5lb or above from the shore every other trip.

I dont think this is unreasnable and would be interested in others on this forums thoughts!

Hi Sam how are you. You asked the question..What is good angling?

As far as i am concerned good angling is any trip that i have enjoyed not just based on results of fish caught. I have fished with you when we have caught lots of fish but not had a partiulary good time.

On the other hand there has been times when we caught relativly little but both went home relaxed and big grins on our faces. To sum it up:

Enjoy your trip?..........Good fishing!

Not enjoy your trip?.....Not so good fishing...But at least youve been fishing!!

Yes mate I totally agree with you and its a good job thats the case. As I have heard you says before that why its called fishing and not catching. Due to codling being lande by commercials at 35cm and bass at 36cm we fall back on the rest of angling thats enjoyed not just the catching of LOTS of large fish.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Evening Mike, good to see you at your normal level of happyness mate!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Good fishing for me.... going out on the boat, weather not too bad, good company, chill out and stick the rod in the water. If I catch then its a bonus, just happy to be out there.

Sam I am a little disapointed though ( and please don't go off on a tangent,) but you ask a question on what is good fishing and within a couple of posts commercials and undersized Bass are mentioned. Its getting a bit tedious that on every sea fishing thread there is always a moan about the Bass. :yawn:

Edited by Orca
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Good fishing for me.... going out on the boat, weather not too bad, good company, chill out and stick the rod in the water. If I catch then its a bonus, just happy to be out there.

Sam I am a little disapointed though ( and please don't go off on a tangent,) but you ask a question on what is good fishing and within a couple of posts commercials and undersized Bass are mentioned. Its getting a bit tedious that on every sea fishing thread there is always a moan about the Bass. :yawn:

Its scary Orca, isnt it! They talk about some avian flu - i am more concerned about peoplee who have nothing but bass on the brains. Blinkers or what!

See:http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=60858

Tight Lines

Shaun