GOOD ANGLING

sam-cox

Get it back on track, please, folks.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cod, I said cod and bass.

Why aint I allowed to write the words bass concervation?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

the chance of a good fish cod or bass would do it for me at the moment they just arent there,i can get good bags of smaller fish but the biggies arent there any more.

i would fork out good money,put it this way i pay £700+ for a weeks fishing in ireland,i think we all just accept its gone down the pan.

What do you concider good angling? I was discusing this with angling pals the other day. My perspective is that in order to have the quality of fishing to justlfy a sea angling lisence I would like to catch a fish of 5lb or above from the shore every other trip.

I dont think this is unreasnable and would be interested in others on this forums thoughts!

First off, how much of your license money actually goes back into your sport????

In Australia, we have a license to fish sea and fresh, depending on the state; Qld only has a freshwater license to fish any of 29 impoumdments in the state, of which, 75% goes directly to stocking the dam/dams of our choice and the other 25% is for admin purposes. We do not have a license to fish salt water, ergot, about 90% of the Qld fishos only go to the salt water....

Good angling is enjoying the environment AND your mates' company, as this pic indicates (3 inches of rain)

I'm the one in the red rain jacket. We had a great time in the rain......and NO grog.

087621.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

What do you concider good angling? I was discusing this with angling pals the other day. My perspective is that in order to have the quality of fishing to justlfy a sea angling lisence I would like to catch a fish of 5lb or above from the shore every other trip.

I dont think this is unreasnable and would be interested in others on this forums thoughts!

Good fishing is making the best of what is avaliable, when I was a very young'un minow, gudgeon, small roach . . . 'happy days'. Towards the other end of life, I'v learned that 'making the best of things' is the way to be content, grey hairs come quick enough with out encouragment. Funny that, did not have to learn it when I was a youngster, it was naturaly excepted. I think some of us should do a little rethinking? Laying down rules is fine if it is practical, the sea is not a stew pond. Things will change, one way or the other, on the mean time, chill out, look for the silver lining.

For me its catching a few fish, looking forward to some lighter line fishing, and a bit of fluf chucking for bass and mullet, relaxing on my boat with Hazel, glass of wine, a little county music and watching the world go by. Roll on summer . . .

:ph34r:

Good fishing for me.... going out on the boat, weather not too bad, good company, chill out and stick the rod in the water. If I catch then its a bonus, just happy to be out there.

In quite a few polls, that is often the answer.

Unfortunately the conclusion reached is that anglers are happy to have no chance of catching anything!

Just being there is enough.

What they don't realise is that it is the expectation of being able to catch that is most important.

After all, if all of Davy's skate were wiped out, with no chance of any recovery, would he still invest in boats and gear, diesel and days better spent doing something else, just to be there?

And would commercial carp waters be raking it in if they had just a handful of undersized fish to tempt anglers?

Yes, as anglers we get as much satisfaction at getting down to the water, feeling the fresh air, hearing the sound of the sea and spotting the wildlife around us, whether we catch or don't.

But we wouldn't be investing in tackle and boats if there wasn't any chance of catching good fish, nor would we be standing there if there was absolutely no prospect of fish in front of us.

What statistics from around the world show us is that when fishing improves, there are more and bigger fish to be caught, anglers not only go fishing more often, but are joined by their friends who, excited by talk of battles with good fish, and/or decent bags of fish, want to give it a go themselves.

And they are more prepared to invest in quality tackle and baits, perhaps buy themselves a boat, when the fishing is good.

The message that we are perfectly content to sit on a beach catching nothing is unfortunately the message that managers hear,and then think that they don't have to do anything for anglers, anglers are perfectly happy with nothing to catch!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

There are a number of reasons some anglers want more from a session than just time by the water and good company, I believe. Things such as;

- a change in work culture, leaving less time to fish and a desire for more instant results.

- peer pressure; look at many websites and magazines and you'd feel inadequate not catching a 20lb cod every trip.

Personally, whilst I do enjoy being out of the house, away from work and by the water (either alone, or with others), nobody can tell me that a decent fish landed doesn't make that day just a tiny bit better :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

No such thing as bad Angling Sam, Just some is beter than others, I supose a day when the target spiecies is being obligeing would count as a god day. :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!