GOOD ANGLING

sam-cox

The Spragg has been thinking. These is his thoughts aboot angling.

Tha likes taking pictures ont see andt beahes whilst oot with tha rod - Tha is a photographer

Tha prefers walking alongt beach ont way to fishing - Tha is a rambler

Tha likes sat thinking aboot life whilst rod is int water - Tha is a philosopher

Tha likes tive watch stars whilst oot wit rod on a night - Tha is an astronomer

Tha likes piece and quiet - Tha is a buddist Monk

Tha likes break away fromt wife andt bonney bairns - Tha lass gets on tha nerves tha should try relate

Tha likes trekking in remote places and catchingt fish with a rod med oot of an stick - Tha is Ray Mears

Tha likes fishing wit boats and nets - tha is a real fisherman

Tha likes catching fish - Tha is a Hobbiest

Tha can be a mixture of all these things at anyone one time.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spragg,

If you didn't insist on the pretend accent all the time, you'd actually be humerous once in a while. Some of those were quite good :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I rekon fidel castro is warming tive me. Ive got tha number corpral pike :lol: .

I'll warm to you more when the weather eases and you're out at sea, enjoying some 'good angling' :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I dont buy in to this "its just the pleasure of going and not being bothered if you dont catch or not mindset at all" what a load of codswallop, why should people feel the need to express this? i will tell you why! because they cant be arsed to do anything about changing the situation, it is an excuse and nothing else and a poor one at that, now i will put on my tin hat and prepare for the flack........

With fresh bait more expensive than steak of course you want to catch............Its just that True anglers dont go into one if they don't. If theres nothing doing its ok ,I enjoy everything about fishing including being at one with myself, the great outdoors and the universe!

Having a bad day are we or are you just generally stroppy!!

I dont buy in to this "its just the pleasure of going and not being bothered if you dont catch or not mindset at all" what a load of codswallop, why should people feel the need to express this? i will tell you why! because they cant be arsed to do anything about changing the situation, it is an excuse and nothing else and a poor one at that, now i will put on my tin hat and prepare for the flack........

Sorry your wrong there mate, I am active in Tagging, release and conservation therefore your theory dont work,and I reckon I'm not just speaking for myself some people can go to a dance and enjoy watching other folk dancing but not dance themselves, doesn't lesson their pleasure , but you are entitled to your opinion, When you find somewhere absolutely beautiful to fish , just sitting there with a rod in the water is sheer chill out,yes i love catching ,but I dont throw my toys out the pram if I dont, i will still have had a great weekend.Especially if there was good company also, which there very often is

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

some people can go to a dance and enjoy watching other folk dancing but not dance themselves, doesn't lesson their pleasure ,

Very true, but just think how much they'd enjoy it if they did dance :) Usually those that don't dance either can't dance, or lack confidence :( Or they are just too old :wheelchair:

Yes, beautiful surroundings, good company, chilling out, etc. All reasons why we go fishing, but what sets a GOOD days fishing apart from an average one or a poor one?? Surely catching fish has to be on the list somewhere? Doesn't it? :huh:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I agree, catching :fish: is on there of course it is, I wouldn't be an angler if I didnt want to catch fish, but maybe I'm a fairweather angler :sun: without the same passion as everyone else and the whole package is what I like but yes of course I aim to catch a fish, what I mean by it being a bonus is that it's the icing on the cake. :1a:

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

maybe I'm a fairweather angler :sun:

SSHHHH!!! :unsure: You're talking to someone who is almost relieved that the Cod fishing has turned to crap down here because now I don't have to go fishing when it's cold. I can just say it's because it ain't worth it! :unsure:

(Not strictly true. I froze my butt off on the river bank this winter.)

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

SSHHHH!!! :unsure: You're talking to someone who is almost relieved that the Cod fishing has turned to crap down here because now I don't have to go fishing when it's cold. I can just say it's because it ain't worth it! :unsure:

(Not strictly true. I froze my butt off on the river bank this winter.)

Hay Steve, I'll join you in that admition, however, I will have an excuse, next year, I get me' bus pass, I'm officialy old! :lol::wheelchair: Cant dance either, love watching others though :sneaky2: good excuse for being a 'dirty old man'??? :wiggle:

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2