GOOD ANGLING

sam-cox

Sorry your wrong there mate, I am active in Tagging, release and conservation therefore your theory dont work,and I reckon I'm not just speaking for myself some people can go to a dance and enjoy watching other folk dancing but not dance themselves, doesn't lesson their pleasure , but you are entitled to your opinion, When you find somewhere absolutely beautiful to fish , just sitting there with a rod in the water is sheer chill out,yes i love catching ,but I dont throw my toys out the pram if I dont, i will still have had a great weekend.Especially if there was good company also, which there very often is

You wouldn't say that if you caught nothing to tag trip after trip.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, but just think how much they'd enjoy it if they did dance :) Usually those that don't dance either can't dance, or lack confidence :( Or they are just too old :wheelchair:

Yes, beautiful surroundings, good company, chilling out, etc. All reasons why we go fishing, but what sets a GOOD days fishing apart from an average one or a poor one?? Surely catching fish has to be on the list somewhere? Doesn't it? :huh:

Of course catching fish has to be high on the list of a serious angler but you seem intent on missing the point!

I enjoy everything about fishing...making traces...planning trips...tackle buying and preparation...just the thought of fishing makes my blood temp rise but if you dont catch it is no big deal because I am addicted to my sport and if I have done everything right thats all I can do. I think you are the worst kind of angler. Totally up your ar**e about one species and so intolerant about anyone who doesnt agree with your values. Get real and realise that everyone doesnt share your values

Of course catching fish has to be high on the list of a serious angler but you seem intent on missing the point!

I enjoy everything about fishing...making traces...planning trips...tackle buying and preparation...just the thought of fishing makes my blood temp rise but if you dont catch it is no big deal because I am addicted to my sport and if I have done everything right thats all I can do. I think you are the worst kind of angler. Totally up your ar**e about one species and so intolerant about anyone who doesnt agree with your values. Get real and realise that everyone doesnt share your values

O.K fine. I hope you really enjoy your next blank.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Spragg Today, 03:18 PM Post #51

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,725

The Spragg has been thinking. These is his thoughts aboot angling.

Tha likes taking pictures ont see andt beahes whilst oot with tha rod - Tha is a photographer

Tha prefers walking alongt beach ont way to fishing - Tha is a rambler

Tha likes sat thinking aboot life whilst rod is int water - Tha is a philosopher

Tha likes tive watch stars whilst oot wit rod on a night - Tha is an astronomer

Tha likes piece and quiet - Tha is a buddist Monk

Tha likes break away fromt wife andt bonney bairns - Tha lass gets on tha nerves tha should try relate

Tha likes trekking in remote places and catchingt fish with a rod med oot of an stick - Tha is Ray Mears

Tha likes fishing wit boats and nets - tha is a real fisherman

Tha likes catching fish - Tha is a Hobbiest

Tha can be a mixture of all these things at anyone one time.

I dont like your tone sprag but I do like the gist of what you are endevoring to say,

A good angler will be a mixture of photographer, rambler, bird watcher, seal, dolphin, harbour porpoise spotter, fish spotter, and fish catcher.

This post wasnt just ment to be political, but I did post it wondering what anglers on hear expected from our sport, and what they would expect in return for a protentual sea angling rod lisence.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

This post wasnt just ment to be political, but I did post it wondering what anglers on hear expected from our sport, and what they would expect in return for a protentual sea angling rod lisence.

Surprisingly little Sam by all accounts.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

It seems that if the sea was totally drained of all fish apart from pin whiting and tiny little codling some people would still go fishing aslong as they had some nice sausage rolls, or had a nice strole on the way!

I put a lot into my beloved sport and have done for 28 years, I now fish around 18 hours a week from April to December.

I now want more for my money, time and effort! and do put my money where my mouth is!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

You wouldn't say that if you caught nothing to tag trip after trip.

Quite possibly so Double, but thanks to some hard work by a few of us we are lucky enough to be able to fish in an area that has a lot of fish. Granted there are very few "round" fish in the areas but we make the most of what is available. Now we are reaping the benefits of the forward thinking, with the most prolific Common skate grounds in the UK within easy reach for any angler wishing to catch one.

In the 15 years of fishing up there, I can honestly say I cant remember ever having a blank day, yes there are days we don't catch skate but there is always one or 2 suicidal doggies willing to avert a blank.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

"I dont like your tone sprag but I do like the gist of what you are endevoring to say,

A good angler will be a mixture of photographer, rambler, bird watcher, seal, dolphin, harbour porpoise spotter, fish spotter, and fish catcher.

This post wasnt just ment to be political, but I did post it wondering what anglers on hear expected from our sport, and what they would expect in return for a protentual sea angling rod lisence."

Samual Cox tha ist only person ont forum who can agree wit someone and put their back up int same breath. Ah has bin watching tha posts of late. Tha has a valid point or 2, not bad for an hobbiest but tha has alienated tha sen from enough folk of late, tha shouldnt want tive fall oot with anyone else. Its lonely been hated on this forum samual. Tek that fre someone who knows. Nayboddy likes the Spragg.

Ah see tha mentions Birds.

If tha likes spotting birds whilst oot wit rod - Tha is an ornithologist, Bill Oddey, or a sexual deviant. Either way tha needs the elp on a trained psychiatrist.

It seems that if the sea was totally drained of all fish apart from pin whiting and tiny little codling some people would still go fishing aslong as they had some nice sausage rolls, or had a nice strole on the way!

I put a lot into my beloved sport and have done for 28 years, I now fish around 18 hours a week from April to December.

I now want more for my money, time and effort! and do put my money where my mouth is!

Hay Sam, you have put your finger on it? Good company, pie, cuppa, a boat and a few fish, we are easily pleased, however, what about the anglers in the Meditaranian, by all acounts they go fishing catch small fish and are happy. Gloryfied poll fishing so I'm told.

You must see the other side of the coin, there are some people who are dedicated anglers but do not have the intensity you poses. You are saying we must have the same way of doing things as you, sorry mate, you run, I'll walk. This is a free country, I have my opinion, you canot dictate to me how I do things and that includes fishing. If I enjoy it slow, make the best of my lot, thats my parogative.

Now where's that fishing poll? :ph34r::lol:

Edited by CJS2

The money question; personally, I'm not very happy with the weather at the moment. If we introduced a sunshine licence, would I be able to buy a few more sunny days?

I'm still willing to be convinced of how licensing will improve the fishing.