Trout waters around Oxford

Anderoo

Good morning all.

It's the exciting time of year when the coarse gear is stowed away and the trout gear dusted off again to see in the Spring. The only problem is, where to go? I'm quite new to Oxfordshire so if you could recommend any fisheries in the area I'd appreciate it. I've had a look around Farmoor and heard of a smaller place in Chipping Norton, but other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Please help! :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anderoo,

I take it you mean Salford Trout Lakes near Chipping Campden.

A little further out there is Santhill Fisheries the website is under construction but I have a leaflet that states they have a 26 acre lake plus a 1000 yard stretch of the river Windrush for brown trout fishing.

If you ever go through Burford which is not too far from you they have an Orvis shop in the High Street and they have information, maps and phone numbers there where there is brown trout fishing on local rivers, prices range from reasonable to expensive.

I have not been to any of these places myself but I intend to try one or two this Spring, I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks a lot folks, much appreciated :thumbs:

I'm off to Farmoor for the first time tomorrow, I'll let you know how I get on.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Any good Anderoo?.

Try looking for barnes Lake

Tel-01865 300343

Cheers Chuby, will do.

Farmoor was disappointing - only a couple of people caught anything at all, most blanked (including me!). The wind was a nightmare. Plus I had the displeasure of meeting the smuggest, most sarcastic w****r in Oxfordshire. (He blanked too.)

It was obviously an off-day and I'll be back when the buzzer hatches are in full swing. Pulling lures all day is pretty dull, especially on a massive concrete bowl when you're not catching! The smaller stillwaters around the area look nice but are pretty pricey, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks for all the advice :D

I went down to Arlington Resevoir yesterday(sunday),just to have a look around.More like the north sea.Some guys fishing-or trying to at any rate :yucky: .Did not see any fish taken.

I went down to Arlington Resevoir yesterday(sunday),just to have a look around.More like the north sea.Some guys fishing-or trying to at any rate :yucky: .Did not see any fish taken.

Sounds familiar!

Hi when I lived in oxford, not to long ago, the fly fishing was very expensive, joined a small club between oxford and gloucester, they have the rights to 5 miles or so of river and at 75 pounds per year was just great, the fishing was good and most of the time it was just me on the water. farmore is a waste of time most of the time and I think I know who that fool was on the bank, he is a total A++ H+++ and I hope he is reading this. terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)