Dying for a picture.

Peter Waller

Guest tigger

To be fair on the Anglers who caught this fish, the fish popping it's cloggs may not have had anything to do with them.

Maybe it was just one of those things and it's number was up.

On the other hand it may have been deep hooked and may have a hook or two in it's gut. You should have done your own post mortem on it and see if you could spot anything what could have killed it.

Tigger.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be something to do with the water? ie concaminated? or being in a long battle with an angler and was release too early? It could be a number of things. Once again a very sad end for a pike over 20lbs

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Guest Ferret1959

Taxidermy, yip taxidermy that's the way to go.;)

Saves all that setting up cameras and getting yer mate to take the shot.

You might get a deep hooked fish on one of the other 6 or 7 rods that are out unattended. ;) ;) ;)

No thats a daft sugestion totaly unfounded.

Peter says that some one saw the fish being photoed and being kept out of the water for an exessive amount of time.This cant help.

Saddest thing of all is as Peter said the captor most likely is none the wiser,happily thinking the fish swam off ok.......

How many of the fish we return does this happen to.................

Got to acept mortalities but should always do our utmost to prevent them and keeping them out for drawn out weighing and photo sessions aint the way.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Saddest thing of all is as Peter said the captor most likely is none the wiser,happily thinking the fish swam off ok.......

How many of the fish we return does this happen to.................

Got to acept mortalities but should always do our utmost to prevent them and keeping them out for drawn out weighing and photo sessions aint the way.

Well said, Budg'

That's why I did what I did some years ago, after taking some fantastically juicy pics (well, my girlfriend of the time did) of me with a 20-plus-pound sea-trout (the first, it subsequently turned out, of many) during my Southern South American travels. We found the fish dead, several hundred yards downstream, the next day. And I thought, "So what?" (NOT about the sad, fishy body, but for what, in my desire for "immortality", I had done).

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Sad loss of a fine specimen but its not taking the photos that kills the fish its the idiots that take them and handle the fish inapropriatley. I verry rarely weigh any fish i catch but do take a lot of pictures(if everyting is already set then it ony takes a couple of seconds to get a good shot) for personal use only and to my knowledge all have gone back non the worse for the experience.

Regards Paul Mc

You are quite correct Paul Mc.Nothing wrong with taking a photo just got to be sensible.

I can relate to what Paul B says though.Your values change rapidly once the realisation of what your actions have caused dawns on you.

Trouble is that to to many dont acept it.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!