Fox reels...

Andy Macfarlane

i am a proper fox tart,but i dont like the look of that reel one bit....

Bet you change your mind when they release the "Camo" version. :lol:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet you change your mind when they release the "Camo" version. :lol:
I have owned a pair of EPIX PRO 30 reels for approximately 12 months.

I started using one of them at the start of the 2005 river open season. From day one I had nothing but trouble with it - the 'raised' spool release button kept catching my 30lb braided line as I started to wind on. If the trapped line went un-noticed, I would have a massive tangle on the following cast. After catching on the spool release button the line would actually slip right under the spool release button.

To overcome the problem, I had to modify the spool release buttons - i.e. so they did not sit proud of the spools.

They need modifying from the off, the paint starts to comes off fairly quickly, they grind a fair bit when retrieving high resistance lures, but apart from that, they aren't too bad for the money.

The button on the following reel is not that much different to that of the EPIX PRO 30 - so if you buy one of the following reels, and the line gets trapped on the horrible little protruding button, i.e. as you start to wind in, don't say you weren't warned!

Stratos2SFW.jpg

Edited by charliebettell

Charlie Bettell - www.esox.co.uk

Professional Pike Fishing Guide

Author: 'The Art of Lure Fishing'

.....or buy the baitfeeder version with no button. Price is the same from some suppliers.

ron-thompson-epix-pro-baitfeeder.jpg

Edited by argyll

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'