Fishing in Wigan and local surrounds

mat_the_fisherman

Forsters Lodge, Haigh

Houghtons Lodge, Marsh Green

Scot Lane New Pond, opp Houghtons Lodge

Fan Lodge, Bickershaw

Heapey Reservoirs

Leeds-Liverpool Canal (Johnson's Hill Locks, Chorley to Saracen's Head, Halsall and Chapel Lane Bridge, Wigan to Chapel Lane Footbridge)

Rufford Canal

Greenwaters

Ince Park Lake

Bryn Flash

Hindley Deep Pit & Square Lodge

The Trenchy, Lower Ince

Mellings No. 1 Flash

Rivers Ribble & Wyre (details in Map Book)

Horrocks Flash

Red Pond, Newtown

Birkacre Reservoirs

River Douglas (downstream of Navigation Pub, Gathurst - one mile both banks. Also a small stretch at Bispham)

Hope this is of some use...

web site still appears to be down believe tickets are £20.00 per year or day tickets are avail on some waters

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jimpy,

Thanks for that, I went to my local tackle shop yesterday and purchased a season ticket. £22 for the rest of the year. Some of the waters you mention do not feature in the booklet but I will be sure to find out.

Anyone interested in planning a trip please post.........

Hey Jimpy,

Thanks for that, I went to my local tackle shop yesterday and purchased a season ticket. £22 for the rest of the year. Some of the waters you mention do not feature in the booklet but I will be sure to find out.

Anyone interested in planning a trip please post.........

Hi Matt.

The site says you are a junior member. I didn't think the wigan aa ticket was so dear for you. (or have you just been stung for the adult ticket couse you just turned 16?.

I am in wigan send me an email and I will try my best to help you out.

Regards.

Tony.

Tony B.T Jolley

Hi Matt.

The site says you are a junior member. I didn't think the wigan aa ticket was so dear for you. (or have you just been stung for the adult ticket couse you just turned 16?.

I am in wigan send me an email and I will try my best to help you out.

Regards.

Tony.

I think junior member refers to how few posts you have made and not to someones age, once mat has made over a certain No of posts i think he will be promoted to senior or something similar.

I may be wrong in saying that tho :unsure::unsure::)

Regards Paul Mc

Well all as Promised I visited Fir Tree Fisheries @ Appley Bridge.

There were 5 waters there.

The first had a big sign that read "here where the big boys live so you have to be over 18 and have an unhooking mat) I was about to go and start but then noticed that it was actually £10 to fish this pond (as opposed to £6 to fish the other 4)

I arrived at 6:30 in the heavy rain and then chose a peg. Within 10 mins I had my first ever common carp (about 1lb) I continued to fish pulling more of these in including a few bream. I then hooked my first ever chub of about 2 1/2lb- CHUFFED. The rain was on and off all day i.e. one minute it was hot enough to get a tan and maybe have a quick dip, next it has hail stoning..............

Anyway finished off at 2:30 and went over to the BIG BOYS lake where I saw a chap land a fish of around 15lb.

All in all great place - very clean - nicely laid out. I will return in future but will check other waters out first.

you have to be signed in to access it

if you were then not sure you will have to contact a mod

sounds like you had a good day

Edited by jimpy0

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

you have to be signed in to access it

if you were then not sure you will have to contact a mod

sounds like you had a good day

Hi mat.

Just tried to send you a personnal message.

the site says the feature is either switched off or your inbox is full.

Anyway.

my email address is as follows.

aj001a5249@blueyonder.co.uk

Drop us a line with your phone number and i will get back to you.

Tony.

:thumbs:

Edited by tony jolley

Tony B.T Jolley