• 2 years later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you live anywhere near the waters on the wigan card

you must be near one of them

tried to find a link to thier website but cant find a working one

I have seen mention being made of the "Wigan Card" and, as I am new to the country and local fishing, don't have a clue what it is all about or what it involves.

Would anyone mind shedding a bit of light on the matter????

Fishing Is Not A Matter Of Life And Death,........ It's more important than that!!!!!

I have seen mention being made of the "Wigan Card" and, as I am new to the country and local fishing, don't have a clue what it is all about or what it involves.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

In Hindley opposite the library, there is a road which leads down to a church this is the North West Angling Centre, one of the biggest tackle shops in the area.

If you talk to them they will advise you about the local clubs and costs to join, and where the waters are. I take it you already have an Environment agency rod licence which you can get from a post office.

That's the starting point and take it from there.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there all,

this is my first ever post on here.................

I live in Wigan where (so iM told) there are lots of ponds/lakes etc.

My problem is that I dont drive and was wondering if there are other anglers out there that might invite me along? Obviously I would pay for petrol etc......

I think this is an idea that should be adopted by more people in order to help the anglers that are unable to get to the decent ponds and also help the anglers that can get there keep their costs down.

i am in exactly the same boat, no car, in wigan. i have a small tackle system and go everywere on my bike (your never more than 20 mins away from anything in wigan), plus everyone lives close to the canal so get in there, i have seen nearly every type of fish and good sizes come out of their so ya never know what your gonna catch.

Do you live nr scotchmans flash? There are a few good waters there to go at. Westwood is a good one, then there's Blackwaters. There's even the canal which I know is fishing well nr the giro bank at the Lochs.

Tigger.

giro bank is fishing very well, 5lb plus breams regularly coming out, plenty of perch 1lb plus and pike a plenty.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm from skelmersdale so have done a little bit of fishing in Wigan. I've tried Orrell Reservoir a couple of times where I've caught bream and small carp. Last weekend I also tried the flashes. I think I was on the back weedy lake but didnt manage to catch anything. I ended up fishing on the canal behind it but only managed a small roach. I've also fished the big pond at charity farm a few times which was quite good however I've heard it hasn't been fishing very well recently. I hear that Spring View fisheries is one of the best places in wigan however the only time I went it had been flooded so couldnt fish it.

• 10 months later...

i live in wigan and i have been fishing now for the last 15 years and i would mosty go fishing in the plat bridge area there i a pond called pollys or other name is kingsdown flash there is carp up to 29lb and lots of other fish in as well its only £25.00 a year i always catch lots of carp there my biggest up to know is 25 lb