Fishing in Wigan and local surrounds

mat_the_fisherman

Hi there all,

this is my first ever post on here.................

I live in Wigan where (so iM told) there are lots of ponds/lakes etc.

My problem is that I dont drive and was wondering if there are other anglers out there that might invite me along? Obviously I would pay for petrol etc......

I think this is an idea that should be adopted by more people in order to help the anglers that are unable to get to the decent ponds and also help the anglers that can get there keep their costs down.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you live anywhere near the waters on the wigan card

you must be near one of them

tried to find a link to thier website but cant find a working one

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

try the one in the big park cant for the life of me remember its name

old age setting in

if memory serves corect they have about 20 waters in and around wigan try local tackle shop or baliff on the bank

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Guest tigger
Jimpy,

I live within walking distance of the "red" pond and also "figure eight". I have fished both of these ponds but I was after somewhere better with more fish..............Any suggestions as to where to go on the wigan card?

Do you live nr scotchmans flash? There are a few good waters there to go at. Westwood is a good one, then there's Blackwaters. There's even the canal which I know is fishing well nr the giro bank at the Lochs.

Tigger.

Thanks for the suggestions, just been on the phone to fir tree farm in applely bridge........I am gonna try it out on saturday. £6 a day ticket, the guy on the phone even said they serve bacon and egg butties on the bank!!!.

However I am still lookin for a kinda fishin buddy so anyone local give me a shout!

if memory seves correct charity farm is also in that general area exellent fishery been there many times usually fish pond 4

Edited by jimpy0

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Guest tigger
Thanks for the suggestions, just been on the phone to fir tree farm in applely bridge........I am gonna try it out on saturday. £6 a day ticket, the guy on the phone even said they serve bacon and egg butties on the bank!!!.

However I am still lookin for a kinda fishin buddy so anyone local give me a shout!

I may be moving back to Wigan in a couple of months, I'll give you a shout if I do.

By the way I've heard they golly on them butties before handing them out. :yucky::lol:

Tigger.

Hi... Welcome to the forum.

I often fish Pennington FLash and the feeder rivers runing into and out of it.

There's a thread on here I'll look up which was really useful to me a few months ago....

Here you go..... try reading through this.. http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...ennington+Flash

Alan

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine