Fishing for Asians

Leon Roskilly

Would you like to guess at how many Muslim (married?) ladies will take up fishing Paul? are you serious mate? what a waste of licence money!!

This is what is known as "positive discrimination" and that my friend, builds barriers where there are none...invents discrimination where none exists and wastes money where it could be better spent.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger

IT may be Britain’s most popular participation sport but angling is too white and too middle-aged for the government, writes Bendan Bourne.

It seems to me a lot of the people posting on this site should pack their belongings and P**s off to Pakistan or India as they seem obsessed with Asians and immigrants and wiping their arses for them!!!!

I suppose Asians and all the immigrants should get free gear and free rod lisenses too.

If this is the sort of crap they're going to be spending rod lisense money on then I'm deffinatley not getting a lisense!

I thought the money was for the enviroment not for the benefit of Asians etc.

What a load of ****s!!!

Edited by tigger

However, farmer and countryside broadcaster Robin Page branded the idea “politically correct Britain gone mad”.

THAT is the REAL reason this idea is a load of crud and is really NOT worth the bother!! I am just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I am moving to bloody France with all the do gooders there are in the UK who are **** up yours and my backs!! And this is yet another bloody stupid and very silly idea!!

Licence money is for the good of the waterways. NOT getting people from a MINORITY into fishing!!

It is to PROMOTE fishing that is PROMOTE fishing and NOT to force it down someones throat who will welcome all the money spent on them and will rob the hand that feeds them as the majority of asians will do!! (NOTE please the MAJORITY!) as I am more than sure there are those from the asian belief and way of life who also think this a total waste of time!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

It's an interesting debate ;)

Could it just be that Brits of Indian subcontinental descent are culturally attracted to stuff other than fishing? For example cricket,billiards,three-card brag etc?

Should the (small) Greek immigrant population of India be encouraged to move away from their natural preference for windsurfing and basketball, and be asked to wield the willow?

Should Russians in the USA be asked to forsake the vodka and take up Jack Daniels???

If one of us moved abroad, would we scorn the beach volleyball and seek out the local fishing? I think so. Maybe our kids would too, but their kids might just decide to ease in to the local ways, bit by bit.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Face it, you guys above, they're here (and which political party originally invited 'them' to Britain as cheap mill-labour?) and won't go (and cannot be sent) away. So, what do you do? Maximize the chances of integration, minimize the risk of further terrorist acts, I reckon. I am no apologist for the people some of you here clearly DESPISE, merely someone (a thinking person with no affiliation to - or much sympathy for, for that matter - ANY political party) offering ideas about how to make the best of a very bad job.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Guest Brumagem Phil
You what?

Erm point proved I think, angling as an activity shows no discrimination, but Anglers are full of it! Read the Anglers Mail, and a few posts here and in other places to see plenty of it.

Well said Matthew........I cant believe how bigoted and racist some people here are. They should be ashamed of themselves.

You what?

Erm point proved I think, angling as an activity shows no discrimination, but Anglers are full of it! Read the Anglers Mail, and a few posts here and in other places to see plenty of it.

I'm trying my best to stay out of this one, but this is the only sensible comment so far. Re-read this thread and then the Times article, and see if you still think angling does not discriminate against gender, race, age or athletic ability.

This is solely about introducing angling to those who would never otherwise encounter it. I can't see what's wrong with that. As for saying this introduces divides where none exist, this thread clearly suggests otherwise.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The point is, why Asian/Muslim women, why not all women?

Then again why not just a general promotion of angling aimed at all?

Or is it down to the fact that Asian women are seen as disfunctional and needy who can't dicide for themselves whether to go fishing or not, a sort of "care in the community" for them poor Asian women?

Yes, sounds racist doesn't it?

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

This thread is bringing out the worst in people, so I'm retreating gracefully. Quite a lot of this is unfounded sensationalist opinion, nothing more, and in my opinion should not be posted on a public forum.

There's always talk of being careful not to give the 'antis' ammunition on subjects like keepnets and livebaiting, but if anyone chose to compile a collective profile of the average UK angler using threads like this (and much worse in the non-fishing chat), that would be much worse for us.

This was a perfect chance to show non-anglers that we're decent people and that everyone's welcome to join us. Ask yourself this: if you were black or Asian and came across this thread, would you feel comfortable taking up the sport?

Saying 'I'm not racist but...' fools no-one. :P

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music