Fishing for Asians

Leon Roskilly

why not all women?

Indeed. That's where WE come in.

Last year I took a woman friend and her two little girls fishing pretty regularly. Will do again this year, probably.

One of those little girls (aged eight and three-quarters then, nine-and-a-bit now) caught a 9-pound salmon during a holiday we all had in Wales last summer. It wasn't just the fish - you should have seen how mother and daughters responded to having trees, plants, weeds, birds and bugs pointed out to them; the girls spent two afternoons with net and plastic containers, lifting up rocks and having me identify the nymphs etc that they had caught. Wet, plastered in mud, and they LOVED it!

As I said, that's where WE anglers come in...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree with Ant and Peter.From what Ive read here I cant see anyone who comes across as anti Asian or any other group for that matter,they just seem (as several others have said) anti the barrier building/labeling/discrimination that this causes.And anti the spending of their (regardless of race ,creed,colour) money on such a scheme when the EA is constantly blaming its poor performance in its primary tasks on lack of cash.

Angling is probably the most classless,non discriminating,open to all activities there is world wide.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Well said Matthew........I cant believe how bigoted and racist some people here are. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Bogotted??? Racist???? So what are the EA doing by this other than being just that???? They are actually singling out a portion of society to receive money which is SUPPOSED to be spent on the [poulace AS A WHOLE!!! open your eyes man!! I would take anyone fishing if they wanted to, asian, chinese, welsh, scottish anyone! It is NOT who the money is being spent upon but more the way it IS being spent!

Remove the blinkers from your own eyes before removing the perceived blinkers from mine eh??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

A question to those usual suspects who like to label the rest of us with the "racist" tag:

If the EA came up with and promoted a scheme to bring into angling under-privilaged inner city "WHITE" children, what would be your reaction?

Stupid and irrelevent isn't it, not to mention cringe worthy. It just wouldn't happen and quite rightly too.

Edited by *Ant*

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Just seen this thread, a few years ago our local council tried to set an asian ladies swimming group, we targetted muslim women, fine for a few weeks, then the local leaders (muslim) started to to object. Despite bending over backwards to accomadate thier demands the group got smaller and smaller, as the women were being told not to go, and we were told the men thought it was a bad idea the women were mixing with others. I agree with paul boote, you have a job to get them to leave their homes let alone do an activity.

Just seen this thread, a few years ago our local council tried to set an asian ladies swimming group, we targetted muslim women, fine for a few weeks, then the local leaders (muslim) started to to object. Despite bending over backwards to accomadate thier demands the group got smaller and smaller, as the women were being told not to go, and we were told the men thought it was a bad idea the women were mixing with others. I agree with paul boote, you have a job to get them to leave their homes let alone do an activity.

I agree with the above statement. A male asian friend of mine wanted to get into fishing here in the UK as he had enjoyed fishing in Maylasia when he was a kid. I explained the tatics of coarse fishing showing him my reels rod end tackle disgorger etc. During our talks it became clear that the philosopy and methods could not be more disimilar. In my world it was about fine lines small to smallish hooks and fish care. His world was about line the thickness of rope, great big hooks, and ripping open the fish on teh bank side cooking on an open fire and all sitting down to eat it. once he found out that this didn't go on in the Uk he became less interested.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Guest Brumagem Phil
If the EA came up with and promoted a scheme to bring into angling under-privilaged inner city "WHITE" children, what would be your reaction?

They do but nobody starts whinging and moaning about it on here.........THATS the difference.

Sticking your nose into other peoples cultures is always gonna be a disaster!

Can you imagine the nannying spanish government trying to interfere with the ex-pats over there?

They do but nobody starts whinging and moaning about it on here.........THATS the difference.

Rubbish and you know it Phil. It would never happen as those that think like you would be in uproar shouting racism from the rooftops.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Rubbish and you know it Phil. It would never happen as those that think like you would be in uproar shouting racism from the rooftops.

Excuse me, but there are loads of schemes to promote fishing to youngsters or under priveleged kids.........and everyone welcomes it here, but the moment someone mentions the term asian when it comes to dishing out you money, all of a sudden theres a divisive thread on the issue!

We've seen tons of this bile lately.....whingers on about immigration.......threads bemoaning the eastern europeans pillaging the fish stocks and so the list goes on!

Elton should rename this place xenophobes fishing forum!