Outlook problems

Andrew

Kembo...........

It just happened last night.

To be honest i've not had any trouble with freeserve, aka wanadoo,

I have had no trouble sending e mail at all, as i say only last night it went bottom up

I thought that it had suddenly stopped

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kembo...........

I thought that it had suddenly stopped

well he said it starts and stops sometimes.

It just happened last night.

To be honest i've not had any trouble with freeserve, aka wanadoo,

I have had no trouble sending e mail at all, as i say only last night it went bottom up

my apologies you were right its just last night so it could be a hijack.

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

my apologies you were right its just last night so it could be a hijack.

No bother at all matey, better to see something and try to help rather than just keep schtum. You could well have been right.

And although on this occasion you were wrong so indeed am I, didn't read the error message correctly. The error message is reporting an unknown mailbox on the server. It is likely that he has a automatically assigned ISP address and for some reason that IP address has been temporarily blocked, could be because of misuse by the last person it was randomly assigned to.

I would suggest checking your settings, log off to your ISP and log back in again.

If your dialler is correct and your settings are right then it probably is a server issue and will clear itself.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

no worries.

andrew are you able to ping the out going mail smtp address to see if it is responding,

open outlook and select tools/ accounts / mail / then the properties of the mail server/ then servers tab and highlight the outgoing smtp address and copy it.

then click start select run and type in cmd hit enter then type ping smtp address and hit enter and see if it can ping the server.

my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Error message from the run , cannot find mail server ?????

Time for a call me thinks chaps.

Thanks for your help again :clap:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Error message from the run , cannot find mail server ?????

Time for a call me thinks chaps.

Thanks for your help again :clap:

your welcome.

IPB Image
IPB Image

And after the call guess what, LoL, its not the fault of my ISP, i have to re install OE along with the latest version of IE,, BUT i said the error message STATES that mail server cannot be found

Typical, :angry:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

And after the call guess what, LoL, its not the fault of my ISP, i have to re install OE along with the latest version of IE,, BUT i said the error message STATES that mail server cannot be found

Typical, :angry:

ah that sux man, typical isp response,

i hope you get it sorted, did you try the on-line mail server as this is more direct.

another thing to try is to temporary turn of your firewall and you anti-virus and try to send mail then, this will eliminate these programs from the problem you are having.

but be sure to turn them back on as soon as you have tested your email.

if it send while you have disabled these programs then it might be a case of opening the correct ports on your firewall to allow outgoing mail.

let me know how you get on eh,

ps isp help desk's are a waist of space. :yeah:

Edited by kempo

IPB Image
IPB Image

Done that Kempo, thank you :thumbs:

Nothing, so that eliminates those.

However i did get a little bit news !!!!!!!

It appears that WANADOO are changing ALL old FREESERVE mail servers to the new WANADOO.

My mail server is

pop.freeserve.net !!

Maybe thats the trouble, they are messing abouit with the whole thing, bet i cannot get a refund for lack of e mail :P:P

Thanks again your a gent :sun:

“Vescere bracis meis”

Done that Kempo, thank you :thumbs:

Nothing, so that eliminates those.

However i did get a little bit news !!!!!!!

It appears that WANADOO are changing ALL old FREESERVE mail servers to the new WANADOO.

My mail server is

pop.freeserve.net !!

Maybe thats the trouble, they are messing abouit with the whole thing, bet i cannot get a refund for lack of e mail :P:P

Thanks again your a gent :sun:

more than likely andy m8.

IPB Image
IPB Image