D.L.T

Andrew

It does seem that people are being called to account under todays moral standards for events that took place under the moral standards of 50 years ago. As has been stated here it is one persons word against anothers. I can't remember everything I did 50 years ago, especially at office partys with a few drinks inside me

• Like 1

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Even a slight brush against a female member of staff could lead to sexual harrasment charges. If a female employee does not like a certain male member of staff i would its an easy thing to do.

A few female " witnesses " and Jenny's yer aunty.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

We even see it schools now...not unheard of for a female student to make up sexual advances about a member of staff. Almost impossible to prove otherwise and because of the stigma, even a false accusation has permanent damaging effects.

A truly nasty thing to do but in today's society sexual harassment is seen as a powerful revenge tool because of the reaction even false accusations bring.

• Like 1

How many mens lives have both private and career has been ruined by a cry of rape.

The stigma will never go away, even if the chap has done no wrong.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Perhaps a law forbidding the release of a persons name until they are guilty is needed

The excuse is more people come forward but they can anyway especially with the doubt on the guilty persons track record proven in law.

As you say in a great deal of cases unproven allegations ruin peoples live long before they're in court

Not implying the innocent are innocent and the guilty guilty that tends to be down to good lawyers persuading the jury the other side is lying but thats how the system works ,having allegations in the media before the case even starts is not good for justice unless the jury are blind and deaf and live on a remote island

We have belief the jury system is fair but is it? I expect none have been called up before so have little insight into what is real hard evidence ,what is opinion by "experts" and certainly not bumped into highly paid legal eagles who could almost prove the moon was made of cheese and run rings around anyone saying the contrary

Unfortunately the law is very clever and self justifies, if you get a prison sentence of a certain number of years the only way to get out early is to get parole ,to get parole you must admit guilt .big problem here if your innocent you admit guilt so become guilty by you own admittance or you deny guilt and remain in prison to the full term.

So do you want out early or do you want to stay rotting for years ,theres a great number of innocent people out early because they pretend to be guilty and theres a great number of innocent people getting longer sentences than really guilty people because they insist they are innocent ,in essence the innocent can get longer sentances than the guilty ,not so good up close is it?

Its even worse after labour brought in its 3000 new laws about terrorism ,not only can you be arrested ,you wont know why ,no-one will be told ,you will bee tried in a closed court and whisked off to prison if your found guilty ,your defence team if its allowed is chosen by the court and all of it can be dismissed by the judge ,wheres this legal system when you need it ?

Ts strange theres laws in place to forbid anyone knowing who the defendant is under terrorism charges yet none for anyone else where i guess the evidence is more flimsey

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Interesting replies. 'twould seem we have all been guilty of sexual harassment at some time in our early lives!

Now what should I do about the young lady(?) who upped her short skirt and adjusted her panties as I passed by in a restaurant the other night? Was she harassing me? She does know me by the way.

Den

PS, she had very nice legs :)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Interesting replies. 'twould seem we have all been guilty of sexual harassment at some time in our early lives!

Now what should I do about the young lady(?) who upped her short skirt and adjusted her panties as I passed by in a restaurant the other night? Was she harassing me? She does know me by the way.

Den

This type of thing always makes me think of that classic retort....

You can't rape a man! Because they will just lay back and enjoy it!

Interestingly enough I don't recall reading or hearing about a sexual harassment case of a bloke?

Was she harassing me?

If you had taken up on her hint you could have been in shtum. come to think of it, you could have been in deep cack by rejecting her advances. :busted_cop:

“Vescere bracis meis”

Den

Any pictures? Erhemm to look at the evidence in a purely academic way ofcourse

Panties! far more interesting than the word nickers IMHO

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well they were quite pretty, pale green with a little lacy trim and (I think) memory not what it was you know, a tiny rose pattern. Of course I only noted these details should they be needed for evidence in the subsequent court case.

Knickers are usually quite plain (I've been informed by the wife)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic