Eating Perch...or any other prized species.

Andy Macfarlane

No Glenn I do not.. I do know that the Green party were instrumental in the current legislation of "Catch and Kill" in Germany and this has had an enormous negative affect on German match fishing... The Greens have reasoned (not unlike some on here) that it is OK to kill the fish but not to release them back into the water to fight another day!!!

I do not think I have to express my views on that one!

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slodger this made me smile "You can revel in melodrama if you like, the truth is that they are a small minority. "

It does not stop at just one fish though does it Slodger...how many thousands of offspring is a selfish (not even hungry) angler denying that fishery?

The knock-on effects can be devastating, and I am perplexed that any thinking angler chooses to ignore this purely to indulge in a less than tasty meal!

The current thinking on fish removal from our natural waterways by some influential and high profile anglers is divisive as this topic has shown, but the overriding issue is one of enforcing the despicable fish thieves that are taking huge liberty's and flouting out of date laws and by-laws, there are too many grey areas to do this properly, is it really asking too much for anglers to stop taking "a few fish for the pot" in the overall scheme of things?

What? that was an attempt at a joke, nothing more.... here we go again, why do you want to get nasty and personal?

Forums are about differing opinions , you may hold a different opinion to mine but do not start with childish insults because you have nothing constructive to add to the debate, is that crystal clear pal?

Your attempt at a joke, which took you less than 3 sentences to spew forth, was little more than a childish snipe. I don't understand why you and a small handful of your fellow countrymen, think it's their right to poke fun at the Scottish, without any hint of relevance or provocation and expect us to laugh along with you. It's boring as hell and it's nothing more than watered-down and out-dated racism. That's only my opinion, you understand.

Anyway, I have nothing constructive to add to this debate, because my opinions have already been covered by some of my fellow posters. I see no reason to repeat them. Is that clear enough?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

The whole reason I am contributing on a coarse forum is because my winter sport at sea has been all but annihilated.

May go some way to explain why I am so p1ssed at the promoting of 'taking the occasional pike or perch' on here.

Incase anyone has forgotten the initial discussion was started by a poster recommending the taking of 2lb+ perch to eat on another thread.

You say your winter sport has been annihilated, looking at your avatar I would guess bass fishing.

Was it annihilated by anglers taking one for the pot?

Why are you holding that specimen fish up in the air and risking its welfare?

Can't you see the inconsistancy?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Your attempt at a joke, which took you less than 3 sentences to spew forth, was little more than a childish snipe. I don't understand why you and a small handful of your fellow countrymen, think it's their right to poke fun at the Scottish, without any hint of relevance or provocation and expect us to laugh along with you. It's boring as hell and it's nothing more than watered-down and out-dated racism. That's only my opinion, you understand.

Anyway, I have nothing constructive to add to this debate, because my opinions have already been covered by some of my fellow posters. I see no reason to repeat them. Is that clear enough?

Now I am a racist? this is surreal!!!

For your information , my late Father was Scottish, as was his Mother and Father and so on, my middle name is Cameron and my first name is Robert!!! I am proud of my Scottish roots and in no way was I trying to disrespect you or the Scots... it was a gentle little joke about Scottish fiver's (which incidental are readily accepted around here!) . Racist? that takes the bloody biscuit for me!!! I am going for a lay down.

Edited by Bob Bradford

Full Edit

Quick Edit

gozzer Today, 06:04 PM Post #73

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,097

QUOTE(sam-cox @ Apr 10 2006, 06:22 PM)

Perch live for around 16 years and top out in weight at around 5.11lb in the Uk. To take a 2lb perch home for tea would be taking a fine breeding fish thats eggs would be virile and fry would be strong.

I am amazed that anybody still eats course fish, as Ive been told they tast bad.

Sam your recent big perch was caught on live bait wasn't it? Whats the difference between someone taking a fish to eat, dispatching it humanely, and someone sticking a hook into live fish as bait for another fish? I think you said you used chub because they last longer, please correct me if I'm wrong.

This whole argument is hypocritical in the extreme, as far as I know, nobody has said they would take a specimen fish, so what's the difference between the use of live baits and taking a fish to eat? Except more fish would be taken as live baits.

--------------------

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

If you can not see the difference then I dout you ever will.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest rabbit

One of the pleasures I get from fishing is the sight of the released fish swimming of strongly and none the worse for its capture. The thought of killing for the pot never enters my mind. I cannot believe that in this day and age that any coarse angler could feel the need to eat his / her capture. I have never met any fellow angler that has had a desire to do so, and to hear on THIS forum that their are anglers that are prepared to do just that is unbelievable. Make no mistake that all rivers are under pressure with regard to fish stocks, and some want to eat them?????

One of the pleasures I get from fishing is the sight of the released fish swimming of strongly and none the worse for its capture. The thought of killing for the pot never enters my mind. I cannot believe that in this day and age that any coarse angler could feel the need to eat his / her capture. I have never met any fellow angler that has had a desire to do so, and to hear on THIS forum that their are anglers that are prepared to do just that is unbelievable. Make no mistake that all rivers are under pressure with regard to fish stocks, and some want to eat them?????

How do you know it is none the worse for it's capture?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

"The Greens have reasoned (not unlike some on here) that it is OK to kill the fish but not to release them back into the water "

That's a pretty shabby tactic Bob old man. After all, nobody pulled you up for claiming that all fish species will be extinct by the end of this week following a sudden upsurge in the popularity of Perch and chips. :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'