jonchery

moth

I am off to Jonchery end of May :D Can you tell me the depths of the Lake B) I am in Swim 2 with my son :D

Use your marker big man :lol::lol:

I'm also there that week (27th May - 23rd June) in swim 6 :sun:

I have just spoken to Rob, who say's the whole region is fishing very slowly at present, hopefully they will all be awake and starving when we get there :)

The next one will be a biggy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen:

Swim 2 is approx 2 metres deep, There is so much scope in swim 2 you have a lot of water to fish, find the old river bed it is approx 1 ft deeper than the rest with soft silt, Take some pole markers and row them out, fish the markers.

The dutch guys who were fishing swim 2 when we were there did this and had some good fish to 40 plus.

As I told Moth we fished single hook baits and very few freebies crumbled up to attract the fish.

The bait boat was a bonus and will be in swim 2, as there is less disturbance than when you are rowing out to place your baits.

Swim 6 is approx 4-5ft deep and acts like a channel between 1,2&4 to swim 3 and 5, again look for the old river bed.

Dont forget a bait in mid water as a mate of mine was in swim 6 and picked up a 41 common half way across.

Theres a lovely margin mark next to some reeds to the left of swim 6 under the pylons always worth a bait but didnt produce a fish whilst we were there.

It seemed as if they were using swim 6 as a run through to swim 3 so a zig rig might be worth a try to catch an unsuspecting lump.

Please let me know how you all get on as we booked next years trip today.

TL

Will

Cum Catapultae Proscriptae Erunt Tum Soli Proscript Catapultas Habebunt

Cheers Will, although I have never fished there I have visted it to pay my balance the last few years when fishing other lakes they own, and have heard of some awesome captures, even last year whilst 4 of us were struggling in 100 degree sun to catch a couple at Maurepaire, the anglers on Jonchery still averaged 8 fish each, and as you know there are an abundance of lumps in there. We are just hoping the fish do spawn whilst we are there, which is always a risk at that time of year.

Looks like thats three of the 6 swims covered for that week! as thats the week that I'm going,I'm also taking my son, how old is your son?

Edited by moth

Hi Moth, we booked it last year whilst we were on Maurepaire and to be honest we would have had swims 4 & 6 but the only swims available were 1,2, 5 & 6 of which 2 & 6 are normally the better of the swims left.

See you there mate and get the kettle on as we wont be arriving until late afternoon. :( (bad ferry times as we left it late to book it, if you can call January late :blink: )

I have attached a nice shot of the lake for you :thumbs:

The attachment appears to missing from the previous post :oops:post-9130-1145955666_thumb.jpg so I'll try again :blink:

Ah it was too large but I think it's here this time :thumbs:

The lake looks good you have also answered some thing that i was thinking about marker poles and what to use, guess I will have to get the paint out.

My son is 12, so it will be good for them to have someone to talk to. :)