A little Survey On How Much Gear You Take To The Bank!

Crackin Clax

Lets Begin!  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry your gear to the lake or use a trolley

• Trolley
    • Carry It
  2. 2. Do you perch yourself on a seat box or a chair?

• Chair
    • Seatbox
  3. 3. Do you prefer travelling light or taking the entire collection?

• Light
    • Lifting the entire garage to the bank

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I always like to travel as light as possible

On a usual session I take

Rucksack - containing all my deadbaits, reel, tackle boxes weighing sling, unhooking equipment etc

One rod for river & roving tactics

Pair of banksticks

Landing net

Brolly (when necessary)

On some river sessions I'll dispense with the banksticks as well.....never take a seat either.

• 3 weeks later...

Surf fishing, bridge fishing, I bring a bucket with a padded lid to sit on and with essential rigs and bait inside. A fanny pack or shoulder strap lure box, two rods. I add a circular net for bridge fishing. Stream or river fishing, one rod and fanny pack with lures or flies and a retractable wading staff.

other reason is i hate carrying unnesscarry crap,and i mostly go by tube and train, so little is best.

As a renewbie (returning newbie) I'm still finding my way on what to take and what to leave. I'm also limited to public transport.

I've swapped the rucksack for a Keenets seat box, it was cheap, and I've found subsequently small enough to get through bus doors, as I'm lakes with platforms, or canals I feel more comfortable sitting on a box.

I put my rod into a tube along with a landing net handle and lug them with a cheap 2 tube Mustard holdall so I can negotiate getting out the travel card with the free hand not holding the landing net.

Rather than take whole bags of groundbait I switched to siphoning some off into those plastic 1 pint milk cartons.

Swapped the A1 sized unhooking mat for a A3 baby changing mat.

Working through what tackle I regular use so I can swap for medium or small box.

Tony

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

great poll, I take tackle box, rod, and a holdall with my tackle box inside and three bait boxes with various baits in them

"I Feel Sorry For People Who Don't Drink.

When They Wake Up In The Morning,

That's As Good As They're Going To Feel All Day".

---------- Frank Sinatra ----------