A little Survey On How Much Gear You Take To The Bank!

Crackin Clax

Lets Begin!  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry your gear to the lake or use a trolley

• Trolley
    • Carry It
  2. 2. Do you perch yourself on a seat box or a chair?

• Chair
    • Seatbox
  3. 3. Do you prefer travelling light or taking the entire collection?

• Light
    • Lifting the entire garage to the bank

[if I know where I am going and what I am fishing for, then it's a small hold all, with box of floats, and feeders, reel, unhooking mat,or a set of winders, rod or pole, plus for both landing net and telehandle chair and if i remember some bait.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As little as possible.

Sit on the bank on the unhooking mat.

Bait and some bits in a bag (it has been known to be a Tesco bag!! :blink: )

I have one of those sleeveless jackets with loadsa pockets for the odds and sods.

Rod and net.

Bank sticks are just that, sticks from the bank.

If I go for the day I might be tempted to take a chair if it is wet. Oh yeah and a poncho, but that often gets left in the car. :sun:

"Muddlin' along"

Depends what imfishing for. If i wanna catch carp or tench on ledger i would take me small carp chair, me carp bag (with all me tackle in) and me rod holdall. But if i was fishing on float or quiver tip i would take me box because of all my gear attaches to it.

...But if i was fishing on float or quiver tip i would take me box because of all my gear attaches to it.

I hope you fish barbless mate, sounds painful to me <_<

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The poll does not make sence it should have broken down in to different sections

If you go to some lakes you can park your car next to your swim and you can take every thing with you

if you are sit on your basket.

If you are piking on lake it pays you to travel light to find out where the pike are.

On small rivers it pays to travel light when chub fishing when you are stalking.

Ian Flynn

Depends on species, venue, session time, time of year and intended method.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Generally, on a river (I only fish rivers), much more bait (in terms of weight) than tackle. For example: unless I am fishing just one swim, or when barbelling at night, a chair always stays at home. So does a bag, very often, too.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

You shouldn't ask me that question :blink: as I always nearly take everything but over the years slightly managed to scale it down a bit but wish the fishing pool was on my doorstep as there no need to carry anything! :)

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I usually intend to travel light but by the time its all packed into the car its too late to unpack it again.

Every time I say to myself why did I bother taking... so and so, I never used it, but next time it will be the same.

Same goes with bait, I want to take corn and meat, but end up with several types of boilies and pellets some worms a couple of slices of bread and hempseed as well.

Most of it goes straight back from the coolbag into the fridge untouched afterwards.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates