A little Survey On How Much Gear You Take To The Bank!

Crackin Clax

Lets Begin!  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry your gear to the lake or use a trolley

• Trolley
    • Carry It
  2. 2. Do you perch yourself on a seat box or a chair?

• Chair
    • Seatbox
  3. 3. Do you prefer travelling light or taking the entire collection?

• Light
    • Lifting the entire garage to the bank

I am disabled, so I load everything in the car. I have a pole bag with 2 complete poles, rod bag with feeder and float rods, landing net handle, banksticks etc. and then my trolley with my Korum chair, nets (if I'm using them!), tackle bag with reels, terminal tackle etc. and baits.

When I'm at the water, I take out what I need and leave the rest in there.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even when I plan to move around it's not very far, so a seat box and rod holdall with a couple of made-up rods is no great weight. Seat box is handy and comfy and can be levelled on the adjustable feet, also good for adjusting the end of a quiver rod....

But then there's a temptation to *fill* the booger, which must be resisted. Getting much better at this lately.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

i travel light at all times unless i'm going static for the night,even rove at night too.

the lighter you travel, the more water you cover,more chance of finding feeding fish.

other reason is i hate carrying unesscarry crap,and i mostly go by tube and train, so little is best.

Edited by Russell Fitzpatrick

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I can fully empathise with Kleinboet. I broke my coccyx a few years ago and it played havoc with my lower back. I almost gave up on fishing a few times but I seem to be healing up, or at least coping better now.

If I'm off Trouting, I know I can take a pocketful of bits and bobs and go fishing with a minimum of gear and fair perfectly well. The same could be said when I go Perch or Roach fishing. Lure fishing for Pike is a bit of joke for me. I know I should cut back on the amount of gear I take but I can never decide what I should or shouldn't take. Deadbaiting is a different thing altogether. I take everything, including the kitchen sink.

I guess it depends on the target.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

A good thread. Keeping gear to a minimum is constant battle for me. On the tackle side of things, i.e. the bits that I need to catch fish, think I'm pretty much as efficent as possible. It's the other stuff, chair, brolly, 5 kg of lunch and quiver. Don't need these things, but fishing a long day in sh*t weather is pretty miserable without them.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

My worst ever day for too much gear was at Throop Mill on the Dorset Stour, about 5 years ago.

Me and a mate had booked a ticket at this classic stretch of a great river, so I went well kitted out. Quiver rod, float rod, deadbaiting rod + spinning rod. Seat box with every bait and lure in my possession, all ready for a long day.

The one time I needed a brolly as sunshade I'd not brought it. It was savagely hot, and by the time we eventually decided to move from the School area up to the Mill and weirpool I had all 4 rods made up and was already well knackered and dehydrated ;) Trekked along the bank for a good long way with a mess of rods tangling in branches and reels falling off rod butts. What a performance.

Never again ! :sun:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Usually just my balaclava and sawn off Purdey. <_<

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Rod, reel, shoulder bag and that's it.

If I have the fly or UL rod with me, I even dump the bag and put everything in the pockets of a waistcoat.

Always fun to walk past some poor sod who's half way through carting 30kg's of kit to a peg 2km up the river in the middle of August and watching their face when they see how much gear I have.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Its the match fishermen who have me laffin........have u seen em with their trolleys and wheelbarrows??! You'd think they were moving house, not going on a 5 hour fishing trip!!

Its the match fishermen who have me laffin........have u seen em with their trolleys and wheelbarrows??! You'd think they were moving house, not going on a 5 hour fishing trip!!

hehe I know what you mean.

I don't have a car so have to travel light, and am glad as it means I can get up and move spots quickly if nothing going where I am, rather than lug loads of kit around.

I have a shakespeare box to sit on but it's rather cumbersome so have changed to a rucksack and fold out seat (borrowed - hence my other thread on chair questions!). I find the less tackle the less hassle.

...apart from when I do something like forget my bait!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear