Tackle Shop rip-off

Phil

Have just, almost, been ripped off. While looking on the web for some specific fishing items I came across "Mikes Tackle Shop" in Edinburgh that had all I needed. Went through the normal selection process, registered, chose postage rate, just about to click confirm when .......... low and behold our good old friend VAT appeared in the calculation :-(

Instead of things being a little cheaper than elsewhere they were in fact dearer - so beware. Here is the e-mail that I sent to "Mike":

>>No wonder you APPEARED to be cheaper than anyone else .................... I have just wasted an hour of my life putting together a substantial order from you only to find that non of the costs include VAT!!

Nowhere does it state EXCLUDING VAT !! You have lost my order and will lose many more .......... you can't just 'tack' it on at the end and hope no-one will notice.

I will post on the forums to make sure others are aware of this "scam" and to ensure no-one else wastes time like I did this morning!!

Phil<<

Have just, almost, been ripped off. While looking on the web for some specific fishing items I came across "Mikes Tackle Shop" in Edinburgh that had all I needed. Went through the normal selection process, registered, chose postage rate, just about to click confirm when .......... low and behold our good old friend VAT appeared in the calculation :-(

Instead of things being a little cheaper than elsewhere they were in fact dearer - so beware. Here is the e-mail that I sent to "Mike":

>>No wonder you APPEARED to be cheaper than anyone else .................... I have just wasted an hour of my life putting together a substantial order from you only to find that non of the costs include VAT!!

Nowhere does it state EXCLUDING VAT !! You have lost my order and will lose many more .......... you can't just 'tack' it on at the end and hope no-one will notice.

I will post on the forums to make sure others are aware of this "scam" and to ensure no-one else wastes time like I did this morning!!

Phil<<

I'm confused, is that a different Mikes Tackle shop, or did you just not notice?

dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Posted on the coarse site:

Three points:

1. The "VAT is included" comment on Mike's web-site was only added AFTER my complaint

2. The listing of prices is STILL confusing. If you see a vertical list of numbers with a total at the bottom you expect that the total includes ALL of the figures above it - Mikes web-site DOES NOT!!

3. I am willing to apologise for the strength of my sentiments but, bearing in mind comments 1 and 2, I still believe I was right to complain and I am glad to have bought this subject to the attention of the masses.

"Sorry Mike and thanks for reacting and responding so quickly"

Regards,

Phil

Posted on the coarse site:

Three points:

1. The "VAT is included" comment on Mike's web-site was only added AFTER my complaint

2. The listing of prices is STILL confusing. If you see a vertical list of numbers with a total at the bottom you expect that the total includes ALL of the figures above it - Mikes web-site DOES NOT!!

3. I am willing to apologise for the strength of my sentiments but, bearing in mind comments 1 and 2, I still believe I was right to complain and I am glad to have bought this subject to the attention of the masses.

"Sorry Mike and thanks for reacting and responding so quickly"

Regards,

Phil

When i first saw this i thought it was another shop but if it was they would not have apologised (sp?).

Looks like im safe to place my order.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Phil I am from Edinburgh and I use Mikes tackle shop a lot the staff are very knowledgeable and very helpfull I have had some good deals from mikes and when my rod snaped and it was my fault I fell with it in my hand and snapped the tip mike replaced the top section for me so I did not have to pay the cover charge even although I have a life time garentee I have not shopped on there web site as I live close but I dont think you can get better value or service

I wish you good luke and tightlines

Jim Crawford

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
So, in summary: VAT is included? I just got a couple of the Titus gold reels they are clearing out at the moment and I didnt find it confusing at all...

Seems you stumbled on an old thread, as your reply is over a year after the initial post was sorted. Looks like everything was sorted quickly and to the satisfaction of the customer.

I've installed lots of shopping carts over the years and it sounds like, possibly, this was just a setting that needed tweaking.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE