market research from Fisherie Anglers!

PhilZenith

Hi Everyone,

I really hope this isnt frowned upon as spam or a blatant sell as it isnt meant to be.

Its just a keen fisherman thinking of a new business venture!

Im starting up a new promotion service called W.T.V - Website Tour Video.

The idea is to approach companies that have websites, such as Fisheries and offer them a short "video tour" to put on their website.

What i want to know from you lot is, would this of interest to you when your thinking about planning your next fishing trip?

Would you be interested in seeing a short tour of the fishery your planning to go to? I.E. Shots from specific pegs, bait shop, surrounding countryside, some fish being landed etc.

Anyfeed back, good or bad would really help!

WTV

Hi Phil

This sounds to me to be an excellent idea. I think if I could see the venue I was planning to fish beforehand it would give me a litlle insight into what to expect. When I try to find fisheries at the moment I look on the internet and as you probably already know there's not a lot out there!!!!

Good luck with it all mate!!!

hi all,

Thanx for all your feedback so far.

I hear what your saying about the 360 camera thing but im finding that these "virtual tour" cameras or "online webcams" are all just a bit too static.

Im hoping to be spending all day at a fishery, filming lots of different areas/views and wildlife etc.

Add graphics/titles on the screen to give more info about different types of fishing in each lake etc, so its like really being there having a nose around, but at the same time, keeping it short and interesting so it doesn take too long to load up on a page.

The last thing people want is it "wait" for something to watch for too long!

WTV

Phil - spend some time looking at real estate sites that offer the 'virtual tour' option. They are in a highly competative market and have learned to do a good presentation that is user controlled.

Also sites like this one where they are selling high dollar caravans and offer the same sort of thing.

I think your idea is excellent and that fisheries taking advantage of it will be doing themselves a favor if your presentation is properly done.

For this particular application but I agree with your assessment of any of the 'live cam' things as the initial presentation. However, as a possible add-on service you might offer web cam installs and hosting on a web site you own for any fisheries that wanted to try it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President