why are boilies Round?

JBee123

If they've been air dried until they are rock hard, round ones cause less discomfort when they squirt them out the other end.

Once they have been munched up by those pharyngeal teeth I dont think it matters how hard they are. If they can cope with nuts and snails in the wild then they can certainly cope with Boilies.

If you're not fishing at long range, it could be worth trying mis-shapes. These can often be bought cheaply from bait firms. Alternatively, they'd be easy to make at home, and quicker than round boilies.

One of the advantages is that each boilie is then a different shape and, more importantly, a different size. This means that each one requires a different amount of suction for the fish to hoover up, and thus your hookbait is less likely to stand out as being different from your free offerings.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Istead of rolling them when the sausages are on the rolling table, just push the top part of the table onto your sausages to make cushion shapes, I have caught very well on cushions especially when fishing close in.

Basically, Boilies were introduced as a deterent to the smaller fish "picking" away the bait. It has a hard(ish) "skin" on it. If it were angular the smaller fish would "pick" on a corner and open the bait for the tidders.

Also making them round is far easier the making them square!!

Never new that u learn something new everyday

Pygocentrus Piraya