Shortest Fight Ever

severus

its called a smart on his arse :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I hate to say it but it just looks like viral advertizing to me.

It panders to the feeling that lots of people that all it takes is one straightforward haymaker to put away the nasty self important martial artist with all the flashy moves and the years of training.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

almost! i remember the shaolin best getting their arses mullered taking on Thai boxers and even cassius clay getting soundly whipped by one as well.

trouble with "martial" arts they are all trained the same way so learn to counter the moves of their own art,the problem comes when they encounter someone who doesn't make those moves using a different art.

theres been similar on full contact "boxing" some smart arse waving his legs about getting kicked down and pummeled where waving legs dont make a bit of difference! on their front face down.

the new thing is cage fighting :rolleyes: they seem to stop at the first graze today ,i remember seeing the pointy end of some idiots arm bone poking out when the other chap grabbed it and broke it over his knee.

having to learn many arts to defend yourself is why guns were invented and swords became envelope openers.

no need to train for years to pull a finger back half an inch the problem comes when your foe can pull his finger back as well

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

almost! i remember the shaolin best getting their arses mullered taking on Thai boxers and even cassius clay getting soundly whipped by one as well.

It was a Japanese wrestler called Antonio Inoki that Ali took on towards the end of his career in a ludicrous exhibition bout which ended in a draw. Before the fight, they changed the rules so that the wrestler basically wasn't allowed to wrestle and could only kick if he was on the floor. So he spent virtually the entire fight on the canvas kicking Ali's legs. And Ali apparently only managed to throw half a dozen connecting punches. He was hardly soundly whipped though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWHcuXCLRo

trouble with "martial" arts they are all trained the same way so learn to counter the moves of their own art,the problem comes when they encounter someone who doesn't make those moves using a different art.

So true. It's mainly an issue at lower gades but I've cross trained at a Ninjutsu club where their brown and black belts could only defend against the big step through punch that is the strike of choice in that system. A jab/cross combination (just about the most basic attack in boxing) left them defenceless and mystified and despite including a lot of groundwork set pieces in their training, they had never trained it live and got a big shock when they gave it a go.

I actually have a lot of time for the MMA ethos. People can still train traditional systems but MMA gives them a proving ground so that they can understand what works from their chosen system and what weaknesses it has. That said, I've spoken to MMA guys who have forgotten that they're still training for sport and that finger locks, headbuts, eye gouges, groin kicks etc are devestating and can undo all their cardio training and ground skills in a fraction of a second.

Yes, at distance, guns and other weapons invalidate martial skills but most people will never have to face a gun. Training should be fun and if it means that you don't have to start learning your groundfighting skills when you're rolling arround outside the chipshop, so much the better.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

school of the mighty haddock and mushy peas :D

It was a Japanese wrestler called Antonio Inoki that Ali took on towards the end of his career in a ludicrous exhibition bout which ended in a draw. Before the fight, they changed the rules so that the wrestler basically wasn't allowed to wrestle and could only kick if he was on the floor. So he spent virtually the entire fight on the canvas kicking Ali's legs. And Ali apparently only managed to throw half a dozen connecting punches. He was hardly soundly whipped though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWHcuXCLRo

i think he was laid up with flebitus for a while .painfull!!!

I hate to say it but it just looks like viral advertizing to me.

It panders to the feeling that lots of people that all it takes is one straightforward haymaker to put away the nasty self important martial artist with all the flashy moves and the years of training.

Even so called martial arts combatants can have glass jaws. :lol::lol:

I recall many many moons ago when I used to do a bit of boxing.

At county level I came up against this much taller thin guy with a long reach. He was prancing around like a good'n prior to the fight, robe all covered in badges etc, really looked the part. Any way the bell rings we go in and touch gloves and then I send out a left feeler just above the belt line, not hard just a feeler. He folded in half hit the deck and never got up, game set and match. :D:lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I seem to remember Prince Naseen Hamed winning one of his matches with the first punch. I cannot remember the opponents name but he was supposed to be the greatest challenge to Hamed the bell rang they approached each other Hamed seemed only to flick out a jab and the guy went down like a bag of spuds, 10 seconds. Good value for money for a ringside seat :angry:

Edited by IanBass

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!