Wingham Fish-In Fri May 19th to Sun May 21st

Steve Burke

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jan V
I'll be popping my head in, without tackle if that's OK Steve.

In the water? :yeah: Wouldn't bait work much better or is that a Brit form of fishing us Americans haven't discovered yet? :bigemo_harabe_net-163: Or are you a depth finder?

far too far ahead to book anything ,have fun and dont taunt those yanks toooo much we dont want them moving here ,all the best from sunny tilford :thumbs:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest Jan V
far too far ahead to book anything ,have fun and dont taunt those yanks toooo much we dont want them moving here ,all the best from sunny tilford :thumbs:

You'll not be there, Chesters? My feelings are slain. :headhurt:

feel free to pop into tilford, just 4 weeks notice needed.

we have bridges with humps and holes and stuff ,well we have 2 both older than your country by about 300 years ;):D

and the romans played here as well making tiles and stuff and we have a tame napping place so a little history to forget. :o

very quaint backwater ,6 toes a speciality but no banjo's ;)

the monks (before henry V111 decided he didnt like the abby's colour scheme) dug our carp lakes for us so all the water maybe holy water :o

a witch lived in a local cave which was blown up by a comedien.

the d-day practice wall is up the road and we lie on the inner anti german defence line and we have dragons teeth.

tilford a crap village but with history :D

lutchens built his first "official" house here (worked there for 20 years) and we hung crooks on a local crossroads the hill above is mentioned in a sherlock holmes book.

the pond i bailiff was on the main road to elstead till 1858? (just a track now) the reason for the ponds name is the only reference to it now and why the road existed

we have 2 rivers but only one.

silver billy famously played with his balls here.

and we had a chaple that isnt here.

8 minutes of "germany" is 3 hundred yards away

and silurians lived in a barn next to our old house

i think thats enough for you to while away a few hours researching whilst waiting for wingham (blimey sounds like a book title) :sun:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've just heard from a member that he's had an 18-06 bream from the Coarse Lake at Wingham. This is a new lake record by 8ozs and was caught deliberately. Well done, mate!

The Carp Lake produced another 30 today, that makes 4 thirties and a 40 this month - all different fish. This is despite very little fishing presure - there's been just 3 anglers on the 15 acres this weekend.

I've had just 16 bookings to fish including Jan and Newt and so there are plenty of spaces left.

Leon - got your e-mail about coming as a spectator/helper - many thanks.

Ferret - could you please e-mail as well so that I've got everything in 1 place and an e-mail contact - cheers.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I've already said to Steve that I want to attend, but having fished Wingham last summer, it would be fairer if I went along for the social and let others enjoy the most beautiful venue I've ever fished.

I have 5 carp rods and baitrunners, 2 pods, 6 bank sticks and 4 alarms which I am happy to lend to anyone in need for the weekend - especially as 3 of the carp rods belonged to the late and very sadly missed Alan Taylor. I've also got 2 x 2-man bivvies and an olive green dome tent available for anyone who hasn't got sleeping arrangements.

Just e-mail me at alan.stubbs@safa-ips.com to let me know.

Given the kindness and generousity people on this site have shown me over the years, it's the least I can do.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Steve, if you have a RESERVE list stick me on it please!! The wife is a bit worried about us getting there as her Mum is NOT well and it may be a problem getting time off. I would LOVE to come down but will have to see. I'll send you a pm when I am more sure!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))