Wingham Fish-In Fri May 19th to Sun May 21st

Steve Burke

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, sorry to hear about your Mum. I don't have a reserve list as I'll probably be able to accomodate everyone.

In fact there's been less interest than last year so far!

To date just the following have made firm bookings:

Newt - BBQ Fri Sat Sun

Jan - BBQ Sat Sun - 1x lob

Colin R. - 2x BBQ Sat - 2x lobs

Jigotai - BBQ Fri Sat - 1x lob 1x red

KAYC - BBQ Sun

KAYC's wife - BBQ Sun

Rob Ward - 2x BBQ Sat - 1x lob 1x dendra

Andrew Burgess - BBQ Fri Sat Sun - 1x dendra

Budgie Burgess - BBQ Fri Sat Sun - 1x dendra

Bad Excuse for an Angler - BBQ Sat Sun

Anderoo - BBQ Fri Sat Sun - 1x lob 1x red

Chris Mc -BBQ Fri Sat - 1x lob 1x red

Paul Mc - BBQ Fri Sat - 1x lob 1x red

Medway Green - 1x lob

Jedibond - BBQ Sat - 1x lob 1x red

John Block - BBQ Fri Sat Sun - 3x lob

Cousin Steve - BBQ Fri Sat Sun - 3x lob

Vidar - BBQ Fri Sat & Sun - 1x lob 2x dendra

Poledark - BBQ Sat Sun - 1x red 1x dendra

Elton - BBQ Fri

Meatballs - BBQ Sat Sun - 1x dendra

Anthony78 - BBQ Sat - 1x lob

Cliff63 - BBQ Sat - 1x lob

Boilie Dangler - BBQ Fri Sat Sun - 1x dendra

3DoorsDown - BBQ Sat & Sun

Leon - BBQs Fri Sat Sun

Comus - 2x BBQ Sat

Wordbender - BBQ Fri

Other forum members who are coming but not to fish (although they're welcome to do so) are:

Steve & Peggy Burke - 2x BBQs Fri Sat Sun

Vagabond & Norma - 2x BBQs Sun

Ferret

Nick Buss 2x BBQ Fri Sat Sun

Additionally, several partners of the above will also be attending but not fishing.

If I've missed anyone or got BBQ or worm orders wrong please e-mail me at fishingbooks@uk2.net

If you have booked please return my questionnaire if you haven't already done so.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Can't wait! :D:D:D

This will be the first time I've broken with tradition and fished the closed season, but I reckon this counts as a 'too good to miss' exception.

Looking forward to meeting some of you. :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Can't wait! :D:D:D

This will be the first time I've broken with tradition and fished the closed season, but I reckon this counts as a 'too good to miss' exception.

Looking forward to meeting some of you. :)

I hope the following I've copied from an old post puts your mind at rest:

I kept the old closed season at first at Wingham after the law changed. Then as an experiment I tried a winter closed season on the Carp Lake and a conventional one on the Coarse Lake.

There was no measurable adverse effect on either the fish or the wildlife (Wingham is a nature reserve, nature conservation being one of my other interests). Since then I've therefore kept both lakes open all year.

For the record I support a closed season on rivers and campaigned for its retention. However, on stillwaters I believe it should be up to the fishery manager.

Heavilly fished waters may well need a closed season. On waters such as Wingham, that are very little fished, I feel that there's no need for a closed season. In fact, I found it could be counterproductive as anglers suddenly descending on June 16th disturbed nesting birds.

Bear in mind that there are only 60 members on pits of 15 & 40 acres, the larger being the venue for the Fish-In. Apart from the Fish-In, the most I've ever had on 40 acres is 4 anglers, and many times on summer weekends the lake is deserted!

I have a great deal of respect for those who stick to their principles. However, I hope the above puts your mind at rest about damaging either my fish or my nature reserve.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

People not showing an interest? Hope this doesnt mean that I will Have to fish both sittings! :rolleyes:

You never know your luck!

Just 3 more bookings so far today. This takes the total up to 19.

Deadline for bookings will be 10am the Tuesday before the Fish-In (i.e. the 16th). This'll give me time to make all the arrangements, including pegging out the swims and picking up bait.

Is there a travel tavern or similar nearby Steve?

You see, I rarely sleep whilst fishing over night and I just don't fancy driving 200 miles, fishing for 24hrs, then driving back 200 miles. :giveup:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Is there a travel tavern or similar nearby Steve?

You see, I rarely sleep whilst fishing over night and I just don't fancy driving 200 miles, fishing for 24hrs, then driving back 200 miles. :giveup:

Not in the immediate vicinity but there are B&Bs. Try Tourist Information at Canterbury at http://www.canterbury.co.uk/cgi-bin/buildpage.pl?mysql=298