Same picture three ways

nursejudy

found the sepia and black and white settings ...so took the same view three times ...feel free to comment.

no2.jpg

no1.jpg

Broadhavensepia.jpg

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest Ferret1959

Well my first comment is...................clean yer lense. :)

Second comment, nice pics and good to see you is messing about with yer settings. :) :)

I prefer the black and white one. It's a good photo nursey, but I feel it would be better if you cropped out some of the sky, and maybe a touch of the foreground and some of the righthandside.

Edited by Lid

Guest Jan V

IMHO, the serpia gives the picture an "aged" look like you just pulled it out of an old photo album that has yellowing pages. I really like it.

You didn't say which one you favored Judy...

Edited by Jan V

found the sepia and black and white settings ...so took the same view three times ...feel free to comment.

no2.jpg

Reminds me of the old B&W 'wish you were her' post cards from the 50's? Crinkly cut edge??? Crop to more of a panorama/landscape shap as sugested previously?

CJS2

Edited by CJS2

great shot judy and good on ya for experimenting

played with cropping is this what the guys mean

judy.jpg

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

great shot judy and good on ya for experimenting

played with cropping is this what the guys mean

judy.jpg

All we want now is a stick of rock, :lol:

CJS2

thanks comments much appreciated,i never thought about cropping!!!!!!

whats the best thing for cleaning lenses.....just realised after our mad boat trip there is perhaps salt spray to clean off.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

thanks comments much appreciated,i never thought about cropping!!!!!!

whats the best thing for cleaning lenses.....just realised after our mad boat trip there is perhaps salt spray to clean off.

The black & white shot does it for me as well Judy, very nice scenic pic, but much better with the crop.

As I understand it, one of the principles of good scenic photo's is to try & arrrange the shot using thirds, which cj's crop seems to have done ie the sky now accounts for a third.

I would like some advice on cleaning lenses to, a professional photographer once told me that a far better option was to protect the lens with a filter rather than cleaning them too much. Apparently cleaning damages the coatings that are put on the lenses.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.