Have You Been Caught Speeding

hoppo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jan V

Newt's been caught, once. Cost us $125 but luckily no points showing up in our latest insurance premium. We now have a radar/laser detector/scanner/scrambler in his truck, at the recommendation of our lead-footed son. I still adhere to no more than 6 miles over the posted speed limit - after 6 mph you will get ticketed, if caught.

we get allowed 20% over the speed limit, to allow for discrepancies in badly calibrated speedos.

i can understand there being those sort of problems in days gone by, but i would´nt have thought that modern cars would have speedos that far out.

does mean we see a lot of people driving at 144 in a 120 limit though!! :lol:

dave :sun:

Newt's been caught, once. Cost us $125 but luckily no points showing up in our latest insurance premium. We now have a radar/laser detector/scanner/scrambler in his truck, at the recommendation of our lead-footed son. I still adhere to no more than 6 miles over the posted speed limit - after 6 mph you will get ticketed, if caught.

Jan, I was watching a TV program about selling old cars. (I had time to spare ;) )

There was a young S.African surfer-dude type, living in England, selling a very slow old car.

He said he bought *old* cars to mellow out and deliberately travel slowly, "If it says 30, do 30 man". "If you're running late, you should have left earlier" :lol::lol::lol:

Never was a truer word said.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Guest Jan V
"If you're running late, you should have left earlier" :lol::lol::lol: Never was a truer word said.

We always leave with more than sufficient time to get where we are going. I have yet to figure out the "lead foot" syndrome.

• 2 years later...
we get allowed 20% over the speed limit, to allow for discrepancies in badly calibrated speedos.

i can understand there being those sort of problems in days gone by, but i would´nt have thought that modern cars would have speedos that far out.

does mean we see a lot of people driving at 144 in a 120 limit though!! :lol:

dave :sun:

My Tom-Tom made me realise just how inaccurate car speedos are!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Same here Elton, my speedo says I'm doing 50mph and the tom tom says 46 or 47, very strange.

Anyway, yes, I was caught in Scotland by van cam doing 42 on 40 :angry: :angry: :angry:

I was not a happy chappy !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Yes once in 1981 on a RD250LC £10 fine no points :P

(Opps, was wondering why Jan v was a guest?.........and why there are 2000+ views Got it now.Opps ;) )

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

All speedos are inaccurate, however some of them deliberately lie; on many cars, if you plug a laptop into the CAN bus and look at the data the car is using, the speed reported to the engine management system is less than the speed the car displays to the driver.