Have You Been Caught Speeding

hoppo

Yes, 89 on a 70 limit dual carriageway in Cambridgeshire. I’d had a clean licence for 29 years and the feds took great pleasure in ending that record.

I was trying to figure out where to turn off after it became apparent that my sat nav was very out of date (according to it I was driving across fields). The road was empty and my speed just crept up. It didn’t help that I was in a luxurious hire car rather than my Fiesta, it didn’t seem like I was going that fast.

Three points and the £60 fine.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 89 on a 70 limit dual carriageway in Cambridgeshire. I’d had a clean licence for 29 years and the feds took great pleasure in ending that record.

I was trying to figure out where to turn off after it became apparent that my sat nav was very out of date (according to it I was driving across fields). The road was empty and my speed just crept up. It didn’t help that I was in a luxurious hire car rather than my Fiesta, it didn’t seem like I was going that fast.

Three points and the £60 fine.

You were lucky Rusty. I had a similar thing in a hire car, they upgraded me to something starting with SRI and had enough letters to form a bad scrabble hand. Once I'd got used to the power it was great to drive. On my way back from London at 10pm, I approached a couple of artics in the slow lane. They were slowing down on a hill, so I indicated and started to over take. Going up the hill in 6th gear, I thought I was doing about 73/74 until I saw a flash. At first I thought it was for a guy that over took me, but I eventually got a letter from the hire company, telling that Lincolnshire Police had been in touch and that it would cost me a 30 quid administration fee. So I ended up paying the 30 quid, 60 quid fine, another 5 quid for a registered letter, and 3 points on my previously clean license. It seems that I was doing 80mph, without realising.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John