Think I'm infected (oohh err)

SteveP

Hello Chaps, need some techie advice as I am fairly sure I have a virus.

I have just started to be bombarded with email returning messages or delivery failure reports for emails which have allegedly been sent by me. These messages all have peculiar titles and are often start "fwd:"

I have also had trouble sending emails of my own either with them takinf forever to get there or being returned.

I have Bullgaurd antivirus which is up to date and hasn't found anything and windows defender which also says I'm ok, and spybot which has removed some spyware but these messages keep coming.

So what should I check or do differently guys?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Steve

Hello I'm on broadband.

Heres an example of the sort of thing I'm getting - copy of the text from "Mail Delivery System" which is at postmaster@fs2.scg.man.ac.uk

With reference to your message with the subject:

"Fwd: Re[2]: maybe interesting for you."

One or more addresses in your message have failed with the following

responses from the mail transport system:

User <sstleger@fs2.scg.man.ac.uk> not known at this site.

Should you need assistance, please mail postmaster@fs2.scg.man.ac.uk.

This is not anything I have sent and I am wondering, are these messages spam dressed up as returned mail?

Thanks

Steve

Edited by SteveP

This is not anything I have sent and I am wondering, are these messages spam dressed up as returned mail?

Thanks

Steve

Looks like it m8ty, they take on varying forms usually asking you to click on a website or send them an email. just bin them.

Don't know about your anti virus as I use Zone Alarm and AVG.

Windows defender is good but I also back it up with Adaware and spybot.

Not much will get past zone alarm if configured correctly.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Looks like it m8ty, they take on varying forms usually asking you to click on a website or send them an email. just bin them.

Don't know about your anti virus as I use Zone Alarm and AVG.

Windows defender is good but I also back it up with Adaware and spybot.

Not much will get past zone alarm if configured correctly.

hi steve i have avg pro if you want ill send it to you just let me know at (hoppo43@msn.com)

IPB Image

Thanks for the advice so far, I'm working away from home at the moment so won't be able to reply here until the weekend. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Steve

Probably 20% of my Spam at the moment is in the form of, "maeler demon/ Postmaster" unable to deliver email notifications.

None of the emails originated from me and so I just allow Mailwasher to delete them and blacklist the sites.

Edited by Cranfield

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Hello Chaps, need some techie advice as I am fairly sure I have a virus.

I'd say that you are probably in the address book of someone else who is infected.

Their computer has sent the messages containing the virus, giving your address as the return address.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net