catmeat

Make sure there is still some skin and fur attached then hook through that.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Small leads help a lot. If you are dead set on distance then tie up a few rigs with the baits on and freeze them. Take `em to the lake in a flask and you`ll be able to do a mighty old chuck with no fear of the bait coming off. Experiment with different types of catmeat as well, I think its Felix that I buy (not used the stuff for ages so can`t remember).

wolf.gif

Have you tried using a bent pin as a bait stopper? Compress it as you slide it in and then it will expand into the meat and could stop it splitting!

Or you try using a small spring and thread it through the meat.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

Not used it myself but you can get this stuff called bait shrink which is designed to protect boilies from crayfish attention. It's basically big bore shrink tube. Not sure if your cat meat would be sturdy enough to withstand the shrinking process but it might be worth a try.

Edited by cidermonkey

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

i use womens tights for catmeat.

1. cut off a small piece.

2. place catmeat in centre.

3. fold up the sides , to make a parcel.

4. tie off, and trim the edges

5. hair rig it.

6. dunk it back into the meaty gravy to coat the tights outer.

i got this from a copy of "improve your coarse fishing" magazine ,sometime last year. :)

IPB Image

Yup. That works well.

We've been doing the same thing with raw chicken livers for about as long as ladies have been wearing hose. The fish really don't seem to notice the material.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

the same method can be used with salmon eggs for the sturgeon :)

suppose it can be used with lots of different baits , for lots of the bigger species.

IPB Image