Off to Auchenlarie tomorrow

Snatcher

To those dim southerners :P Auchenlarie is near Kirkubright,between Stanraer and Dumfries. Been there before. It is a beautiful caravan park. Got it through the Mirror,one of those cheapie weekends,£9 a person for 3 nights :blink: Cracking view of the IOM on a clear day.

Will be taking a spinning rod,some lures and a packet of sandeels.Plan to "steal" a couple of hours on the Sat or Sun at a place called Mossyard . Wish me well.will report back. Pollack or doggies may be the game :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

well lads he's fair exited....... :yeah:

whilst fishing this am after a few plucks at his bait there was a sudden mega stripping of line after he had just set his clutch correctly for his 15lb line it must have stripped off 40-50 yds in a flash

christ whats this thinks snatcher a mega bass or a ray ????????

he eventually got some control and the battle commenced after some heart stopping runs he managed to beach a 10-12lb shark he thinks may have been a smoothhound

nice one snatcher :yeah:

not caught at planned mark but nearer kirkudbright although unsure of marks exact name

finished with a doggie

and hes back out tommorow again :sun:

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Thank's for the report Andrew, just hope he keeps off the booze tonight! Good forecast for tomorrow, never know what he may catch. Looking forward to meeting up with you all again in July. Please give my regards to the "Little Tacks."

Safety habits last a lifetime.

No Tom it did not keep me off the juice :) Never got a sniff on the Sunday. Cracking fish on the Saturday though. One of the best fights I have ever had off a fish. I was using ledgered sandeel on light spinning gear when the lot started vanishing rather sharply seaward. I am just pleased I had set the drag correctly.It took off a lot of line and I thought it may smoke me at one stage. Probably took 10/15 mins to get in and I was expecting to see a bass at the end not a tope!!!!! What a shock I got :huh: It was hooked in the corner of the mouth so just reached down and quickly unhooked it. It was nice to see it swim safely away :) My guesstimate was 10lb.

Phoned my pal Chris Kristiansen to inform him and he has fished that area a lot and said it may have been a large smoothound!! Never caught either myself so do not know for sure. All I know is that I was "buzzing" for hours after,chuffed to bits :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Sounds like a great trip John, must have a visit up there sometime I think I might have to go back into contract working to get the time off I need for my fishing trips.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

tope have teeth, hounds don't.

on a sandeel i would plump for a small tope which are quite common all along that coast line.

It had teeth,thanks for that info Dale :) No camera though :( Took a camera on the Sunday morning and not a sniff :( Typical

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Well done Snatcher,roll on "Lads Week" Have you anything organised yet, apart from the inevitable booze up? :)

Booked in with Ian Burrett on the Friday for a tope fishing session.We have a few yakkers coming to this one so fancy a shore tope fishing session. The yakkers said they will paddle our baits out,splendid folk you know :)

Plugging/fly fishing for bass and trying to catch some mullet will be one of my aims Tom. When will you be arriving and do you want picking up from Stranraer?? What fish will you be after.

Plan to drink less this time :headhurt::headhurt: Looking forward to your company again mate :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair