Thames records?

luckyjim

Hi all,

Does anybody know where I can find the record weights for fish species caught in the Thames?

I ask because I was chatting to a bloke on the bank who seemed in the know today and when I mentioned the weight of a zander my brother caught last month suggested that it might be a Thames record.

Unfortunately when he caught it we were out in a little inflatable boat and wanted to get it back in the water ASAP, so we didn't get any witnesses or anything, but it would nice to check for our own satisfaction!

Thanks,

Jim

Maybe the EA site failing that the clubs sites which are all listed on tyhe EA web site.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Hi all,

Does anybody know where I can find the record weights for fish species caught in the Thames?

I ask because I was chatting to a bloke on the bank who seemed in the know today and when I mentioned the weight of a zander my brother caught last month suggested that it might be a Thames record.

Unfortunately when he caught it we were out in a little inflatable boat and wanted to get it back in the water ASAP, so we didn't get any witnesses or anything, but it would nice to check for our own satisfaction!

Thanks,

Jim

What was the weight?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

What was the weight?

It was 14lb and 2-4oz (I was standing up in the boat and wobbling a bit so I couldn't get the oz exactly)

I checked the EA site and can't find a list anywhere, but it was a cracking fish to catch and went back unharmed to fight another day so thats enough for us!

If you email Kieth Arthur at Talk Sport Radio or at Sky Sports he will let you know he is an expert on the Thames. You can always ring him on Saturday or Sunday mornings between 6 and 8am when he's on the radio 08717 223344

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

I recently joined littlemore angling society near oxford. http://www.littlemoreanglingsociety.co.uk/

If you go on their site and click bits and pieces on the right-hand menu it gives you a weight record for different fish. Im not sure if that is the whole of the thames or just the oxfordshire area. Unfotunately, the zander record is near 20 lbs.

Looking at that list its just club records.

Thats a cracking fish Jim.I didnt realkise they had got to that size in the Thames yet.Do you get many of any size?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Ian didn't know anyone listened to talkSport here! Amazing radiostation... Arthur has a show on weekend mornings, good to listen to as you're getting ready to go fishing!

Looking at that list its just club records.

Thats a cracking fish Jim.I didnt realkise they had got to that size in the Thames yet.Do you get many of any size?

Its a pretty exciting swim that I usually fish, although I have to admit I had no idea that they got that big in the Thames either. I've had abouthalf a dozen though around the 4-6 pound mark. Thing is I've never deliberately targeted them, actually catch them whilst live-baiting for perch with small dace livebaits during daylight hours. My brothers one was on a hot day with bright sunshine, around 2pm. You get pike and eels occasionally as well. My favourite though is catching 2 inch juvenile bass when trying to catch the dace for bait! :rolleyes: