Fritton Fish In?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are eight fishing boats at Fritton, £6.00 per day, ideal for three to fish in comfort, better for two if slinging lures. Seven hours fishing!

The downside is that it doesn't open until 10.00 (9.30 if we beg) in the morning so maybe a spot of bassing at Southwold first, and Fritton closes at five.

During the winter we get in at 7.00ish but having just phoned up I couldn't swing that as the present staff have all gone onto summer timetables.

The advantage of this is that serious fishermen avoid the place, which is a pity because the fishing can be excellent.

It does provide a family day out though, dump the missus and the kids and go catch a biggun!

How many boats should I book?

Do we want a barby in the evening, or do we head for quality fish and chips and a few pints of Broadside at the Harbour Inn at Southwold? Those of you who can't fish can always meet up in the boozer.

Sorry about the 10.00 start, can't be helped. My useful groundsman has retired and no one is taking up his early start until July.

There is a shop selling Fox Lures about two miles away so Andrew can go gloat and buy!

Did you have to mention the Fox Micro Jerks Peter? he will be out now buying up the Midlands entire stock!

The way I was going to play it was to bring my Catfish Clonking gear so I could get in a boat and show Newt the score.Obviously not going to catch any! but can show hin the mechanics so he can try it back home.In return I was hoping to see some of his lure tactics.That was the man aim for me.

Actual fishing wise I was going to chuck in a couple of lure rods and borrow some of Andrews newly aquired collection of Micro Jerks!

Fishing is from 10.00 till around 5 I believe? so no bivvying up or late evening fishing so I reckon that would make the bream and carp a hard target?Any way the lure gear will be nice and simple and a chance to learn/swap ideas.

If thats cool with you Andrew bring down the boat gear?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Tis fox hunting country!

What do you want to catch Andrew? Carp, pike, perch, roach, bream? Some very big carp in there, but they need serious time and effort to catch them. Bream is good, and fairly easy, float or feeder. Pike, well, it has to be surface and sub surface Fox Micro Jerks!!!!!!!!!!! And for heavens sakes, how long does it take to sort tackle out? I know, an excuse to make Mr Cottis even richer.

<_<

Tis fox hunting country!

And for heavens sakes, how long does it take to sort tackle out? I know.

Peter Waller :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The main reason I have ask about what tackle to bring because

1) I am fishing down at Wingham on the May 19th for the weekend and

2) Will be staying at Budgie for a few day after Wingham

3) So that I won't be making another 600 - 700 miles round journey (back to Ashford then home Redditch to get my piking and boating stuff and off to Norfolk and back home again)

So Peter it trying to save time on the petrol and what tackle to bring with me. It is clear to me that I suppose you don't like to organise anything ie get tackle ready in a advance?

Did you have to mention the Fox Micro Jerks Peter? he will be out now buying up the Midlands entire stock!

Actual fishing wise I was going to chuck in a couple of lure rods and borrow some of Andrews newly aquired collection of Micro Jerks!

If thats cool with you Andrew bring down the boat gear?

Budgie, I got no money to buy 1 or the entire midlands supply of mirco jerks as if you still haven't paid me yet for the fishing on the River Icthen and the mass money I lent you to save your house! And I have stop buying Fox :yucky: now after they have stop making my favourite bite alarms :angry: Stuff them! I have switch to the Korda Stuff in the last few months! (Yes re-born carper now :) )

Budgie got no jerking /lure rod because I am still waiting for the the one you where going to get me one and still waiting!! unless I borrow yours. And yes if I got room in the car I will be the boat engine and batteries with me if we are boating for piking. Oh I forgot that you haven't got a spare gas bottle for your life jacket so it look like you're fishing from the bank :lol:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Prepare! Whatever is that? I fish on a whim!! Whatever I feel in my water dictates tactics and targets.

Personally I'd scale down rather than use mega jerk bait stuff this early in the year.

If any of you guys wants to set up camp for the night my garden can house a few tents and bivvies.

Edited by Peter Waller

Andrew - I'm positive we can locate a rod proper for jerk-bait work. Peter might even have one that will work with an egg beater (fixed spool) reel. Sorry but all of mine are mutiplier style.

Budgie - a clonking lesson would be great. I'd love to learn from a master.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Prepare! Whatever is that? I fish on a whim!! Whatever I feel in my water dictates tactics and targets.

Personally I'd scale down rather than use mega jerk bait stuff this early in the year.

If any of you guys wants to set up camp for the night my garden can house a few tents and bivvies.

Thanks for the offer to sleep in the back garden Peter, I might take up that offer. Got to see what Budgie intentions are ie staying or going, but mind you Peter I like to have a massive fry up in the morning before I leave your place to go home :P;):roll1:

Andrew - I'm positive we can locate a rod proper for jerk-bait work. Peter might even have one that will work with an egg beater (fixed spool) reel. Sorry but all of mine are mutiplier style.

Thanks Newt, I am sure that Budgie haven't got a proper jerk bait rod for me but I do have an 60gram to 100grams lure rod - will that do?

P.S. don't worry about the reel either, I rather used a fixed spool

Budgie - a clonking lesson would be great. I'd love to learn from a master

Master of what?? :P

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Might take you up on that offer too Peter :thumbs:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Well, Budgie once told me he was a Master of Baiting (at least I think that is what he said - similar statement if not exact) and I assumed he used a clonk as part of the process.

As to the other, I'm not the best person to ask since I rarely even use a US style jerk bait and never tried a UK one but I understand they are quite different. I would have to say that if you have a rod that will deal with a 100gm lure and is reasonably stiff you should be in good shape.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President