Fritton Fish In?

Sorry guys, I'm really dissapointed to say I'm not going to be able to make a mid-week day. I'm away to Newtland myself at the beginning of June and I have way too much work to get done before then to sneak a day mid week. Real shame.

Look forward to hearing how the day goes. Newt, have a fantastic holiday and hopefully our paths will cross on some other occasion.

Tim

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best book a boat for myself and the Fox prince please Peter.

Fox prince?? Remember the the River Rother incident bruv? I rather be safe on my own than sharing a boat with you fatty!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Peter - Please book a boat for Norma and self for the Wednesday.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Tim - sorry we can't manage it this trip but surely at some point we can.

If you are ever planning to be in the US and can spare a day or three in North Carolina, my boat is always ready to go and we have plenty of lakes & a decent river close to me so just say when.

We will probably be back in another year or so but will be concentrating on Scotland. I dunno if you ever venture that far north or not.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Jan V
But how many boats? So far myself, Newt, Vidar, Vagabond, Jan and who else? You can fish from the bank but boats is best.

Now I know that Newt wants to go out with Peter, Vagabond and Norma have a boat - what about me??? Can't guarantee I won't whoop and holler if I get a biggun to fight but Newt's put up with me for a number of years and never thrown me over yet (But he did throw a lily pad at me once- :rolleyes: ) He also ducks real well when I have tried fly fishing from the front of the boat. Not helping my case any, am I? :headhurt::boat::bleh:

Signed,

The orphan :cry:

Edited by Jan V

Fox prince?? Remember the the River Rother incident bruv? I rather be safe on my own than sharing a boat with you fatty!

Hmmmmmm,I take it you are reffering to the unfortunate accident I had on the last day of the river piking season slim? When I had a slightly closer inspection of the water than I would have wished when recovering the boat? :angry::D

No you are quite right I will leave all of the aspects of watermanship up to your good self.......you know carrying the outboard,battery,fish finder etc down to the boat and of course that most important of maritime traditions where the youngest brother pays for the boat hire! :yeah::D

In fact thats a bit unfair of me....leave the battery and outboard behind I think it would be best if you rowed,hope fully trolling is allowed :thumbs::bleh:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

No you are quite right I will leave all of the aspects of watermanship up to your good self.......you know carrying the outboard,battery,fish finder etc down to the boat and of course that most important of maritime traditions where the youngest brother pays for the boat hire! :yeah::D

Well I do pays for everythings these day! You still owe me money from last few fish in we have done last year and this year. :bleh:

In fact thats a bit unfair of me....leave the battery and outboard behind I think it would be best if you rowed,hope fully trolling is allowed :thumbs::bleh:

Too late I won the toss of the coin and you lose bruv - so it look like you are rowing, might a well you might lose a few pounds of your fat lard! :yeah::thumbs::bleh::bleh:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

"The Korda Kid" :lol: I like it!I shouldnt take the mick really as he gets dead stroppy over it.I just cant help it though! :rolleyes:

In all fairness though Andrew has been really good to me since Ive been ill and unable to work.He has bailed me out several times and if the truth be known I wouldnt have been able to make a lot of the fish ins if it hadnt been for him.

We seem to fish together far more than ever we used to.When I was really in to carp and had acsess to ttop waters all he wanted to do was feeder fish! now he's a "born again carper" keener than ever! One great shame is that all the time I was guiding proffesionaly he had no interest in big cats or carp at all.All he would have had to do was grab a change of cloths get a cheap flight and he could have buddied up with one of my single customers and fished for free.....now Im no longer doing it he wants to! :doh:

A great shame but I suppose we all have to do what at the time is right for us.

One thing that I am gratefull for is that we have always shared a mutual love of Piking.This has caused us to fish together more times than anything else,even though we live some 150 miles apart.

Our father sadly never fished but having a brother to fish with has enabled me to understand people when they say about the relationship angling has given them with their father.My "angling career" is in a way at its end now (even though I very much hope to carry on going for many years yet) most of my realistic ambitions have been achieved and my health prevents me from having the same motivation to break PB's or travel abroad "pioneering" any more. I just fish now because its simpley what I do! Andrew on the other hand seems to have "stepped up" his angling! He is going more now than Ive ever known him before.

Hopefully I will carry on getting a buzz out of fishing by seeing him beat his PB,s and catch species he has yet to get (although there cant be many of them left?)Its good having a brother who fish's too.

Ah well enough of this gush :yucky:

Anyone got a set of 25+ stone bathroom scales? If so bring them to Fritton and me and the Fat Boy can have a "weigh off" to see which one is truely the fatest :showoff::D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!