Fritton Fish In?

Jan has arrived safely in Stafford............i've heard all about Eltons sense of direction ;)

She's spent a bit of time with us but has had to retire back to the hotel for some serious shut eye as she's wiped out from everything so far and hasn't been able to get a decent kip.

Tomorrow should be fun as we're going fishing with Ant and co then Jans off sightseeing in Lichfield.

Oh and just to make a few people smile (or not)......its a lovely day here, suns out and its warm as toast :D

totty bye fer now.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back home after the Fritton "Soak-In".

Next time I'll put my own anchor aboard - the killick provided did not hold bottom (even with all the rope out) when the wind blew.

I think it significant that all three boats chose exactly the same moment to pack it in - there is keeness, there is persistance, there is stubborness and there is beating your head against a b...y brick wall. :)

Having said that, Norma and I were very impressed with Fritton Lake, and would like to return there when conditions are a bit calmer - Norma to see the Savi's Warbler, and me to catch a pike or two.

I would like to thank Peter and Lynn for their hospitality, and for introducing us to the "Locks" inn. Sampled their Grasshopper and Gone Fishing ales and their Canary cider. The cider was particularly good, and I look forward to another excuse for drinking it - like the Canaries winning a few footy matches.

Newt and Jan - what can I say? Enjoyed having you to stay, but the weather was atrocious. Despite that, you caught some fish down here in Sussex - triumph over adversity. Look forward to meeting you again, and perhaps catching an LM Bass or two. Fingers crossed for your Amble trip - watch out for Norrie, he will have eaten all the sandwiches by 11 am :lol::lol:

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Thanks Dave, it was a very genuine pleasure to meet you both. The Locks is an excellent starting point for a number of species, both feather and finned. Now you have an excuse to come up and empty the barrel. September is good! That girl Norma! You are a lucky man!!!!!!